2 posts | Original | Recent
43 Posts
Apr 26, 2016 3:49am
via Android

Dose meditation loosing up your body muscles or something?

Please tell me why there are there meditation sets after some workout rounds. What is the actual trick for this ?

Are they really needed ? :}

34 Posts
Apr 27, 2016 4:40am

well that is a very comprehensive question that cannot be answered in simple terms, Nathan. But in short,  running and cycling are yang activities, meditation, pranayama breathing, yin yoga are yin activities. you need both, yin and yang for your body and mind to be balanced. I  often practice pranayama breathing , which is meditative breathing to workouts to reinstall stillness of the mind. we tend to cope better with stressful environments, being school, work or traffic or whatnot, when in a calmer state of mind. as a martial artist  myself, yoga, meditative breathing and meditaiton are without doubt an essential part my training. so, regardless your circumstances, age, level of fitness, anyone can take a moment out the day and focus on inner calmness and a peaceful state of mind, and... being more aware of breathing patterns (which pranayama does) can also do wonders for stress relief. Yin Yoga also is a form of meditative yoga, not only do you restore the connective tissues but also will find it as a very peace instilling form of exercise. remember, your body needs balance to be in optimum condition, if you only focus on Yang, I guarantee you will experience quick burnout. I train 6-7 days a week with little  or no burnout despite a very hectic life. i attribute this to regular yin training. 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51