Looking for ways to get my running speed up

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 31, 2016 12:17pm
via Android

Im an athletic person and im looking for a way to boost up my speed. Oh and have a toned body

Img_7258_thumb
9 Posts
Jun 3, 2016 2:28pm

A very nice Start kicks off everything. And keep your Shoulders Straight. Well Try. Because You dont want your energy to be absorbed by ur shoulders rocking. thats more work to be done. My energy will be focused towards ur legs.SO proper posture is one of the key to running faster. each Step You take Just Power Through. Head Down At start. Run on toes at start. Gradually Raise Your Head when you are increasing in speed.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jun 9, 2016 12:56am
via iOS
If you have the option, train with a local track team. When I ran track in high school, we always had college football players and some pro football players train with us so they can boost their speed. 
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jun 9, 2016 1:03am
via iOS
But if that's not an option, now that a sprinters speed come from their arms more than their legs (leg strength is still very important). The quicker your arms go the quicker you legs go. Also work on your body posture (you don't want to be hunged over while you're running, stay straight up). Another tip is make sure you have a good warm up and you stretch well before any run, your warm up makes a difference in your speed. 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51