Need advice!

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 14, 2016 6:46pm
via Android

So I commute to work, I leave the house at 8AM and don't get home until 8PM. By the time I get home I just want to eat and go to sleep.

I know that eating before bed is a big weight loss no-no. I've been considering skipping dinner, but that can throw my metabolism off and put my body in starvation mode by the time I wake up.

Any ideas on what I should do?

14 Jul
Well it all depends on what works for you. I know I'm using Whey Protein and usually this postpones the desire of eating uncontrollably. Yet, you can always trick yourself into "later or next time maybe", which works for me. I work as well and don't eat at work I only have my coffee, tea or water. Hope this helps
Image_thumb
1010 Posts
Jul 15, 2016 1:05pm
via Android

Eating before bed isn't inherently bad. It's just that many people have formed bad habits and eat more than their caloric requirement when they are tired, bored, and snacking. If you cut down a little in each meal of the day, you can still lose weight while eating before bed, it's just a matter of maintaining a caloric deficit. When you consume your calories technically doesn't matter.

Try eating something like baby carrots, maybe with some hummus or dip (but not a lot), before bed. Chopped veggies are great to fill up on because they have fiber and nutrients to fill you up, but barely any calories.

A small bowl of oatmeal has some more calories but is a great healthy middle ground, with all the fiber it offers. I flavor it with bananas, apples, dates, peanuts, raisins sometimes..

16 Jul
This is great advice, thank you!!
16 Jul
I have a bowl of oatmeal and a protein shake every night. I'm not really trying to lose weight these days but if i were I would count my calories for the whole day and just plan things out so my nighttime snack didn't put me above my goal. myfitnesspal is a great resource for calorie tracking and maintaining a deficit.
Image_thumb
1653 Posts
Jul 15, 2016 3:31pm

Google "protein snacks" and "protein balls" - easy to make, easy to eat through the day, and are a healthy mix of macros (made well they also can taste just like cookie dough!) 

16 Jul
oh, I haven't thought of that, thank you!

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,206 topics, 38,261 posts

Motivation & Support

8,535 topics, 41,809 posts

App Updates

9 topics, 38 posts

Ask the Pros

714 topics, 1,817 posts

Workouts and Programs