How to recover from sore muscles

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 29, 2017 2:08pm
via iOS
Hello! I have tried many many things after my daily gym sesh to help prevent my muscles from being sore. If any one has any professional or personal advice, I'd love to hear it! Thank you.
29 Jan
by stretching dear
29 Jan
I stretch before and after. I may not be stretching long enough though. I even drink aminos afterwards. Any suggestions on how long stretching should occur during/in between workouts?
29 Jan
It depends upon your workout session.I do stretching until i feel fine
29 Jan
Mainly cardio and strength . Barbell squats , running, leg lifts, jump squats, burpees, and so on..... depends on the day really but the main group is usually legs. My legs will be so sore the next day that I can barley walk lol . Idk I must be stretching wrong or not enough.
01 Feb
Sounds to me you are overworking a particular muscle group and need to diversify by cross training. I have a very intense training schedule, from Cross Fit to weight lifting,MMA, Ashtanga Yoga or Endurance Aquatic Training, you name it. Sometimes 5 - 6 days a week. I barely get sore, if I do, I stretch the soreness out, like Sara said.I believe I have fast recovery due to regular Yoga as well as pre and post workout stretches (I have a compilation of stretches under my 'stretch' collection as well which i regularly use) and the fact that my training...
Image_thumb
1016 Posts
Jan 29, 2017 8:56pm
via Android

Everybody is a bit different but generally if you work that muscle group more often, you will be less sore.

Look into foam rolling and self myofascial release.

Proper diet and rest afterwards. Protein. Carbs. Some fats.

These are the basics, besides looking for micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) you may be lacking.

29 Jan
Awesome! Thank you. I will look in the foam rolling. Thank you so much
29 Jan
when a foam roller wasnt enough, i graduated to a tennis ball, and then a lacross ball, to get the pressure really targeted... it's basically a therapeutic massage... self myofascial release, totally look it up, changed my life
29 Jan
Lol a tennis ball? That sounds intense. I will look it up for sure! Do you do the deep massage after or before workouts?
29 Jan
I'm a little confused on why I get so sore . I run 3 miles a day and do leg workouts for about a hour while at the gym. I do stretches before and after but still ft extremely sore 50% of the time. Will my muscles always get sore?
30 Jan
well i can only guess what your issue might be, but how often you do the leg workouts matters for soreness more than how long. if you do legs maybe twice a week thats a good frequency. Another idea I have is that maybe you're really just working em too hard! Maybe go a bit less intense, don't completely destroy your legs for a whole hour, you might be preventing your muscles from really developing by hitting em too hard and often? Change it up, one element at a time, to experiment. If you stretch every time, try not stretching....
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jan 30, 2017 9:56pm
via iOS
Don't drop the intensity, just do a wider variety.   I do minimum six days a week but try not to repeat a group on the following day.   I'm partially broken at the moment but that often happens by the end of a month & I'll focus more on recovery workouts for a few days till I improve then back to it for the next month.   
01 Feb
Thank you so much you have beeen a lot of help. Really appreciate it
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 1, 2017 12:48am
via iOS
Check out the yoga section it has a post workout unwind, follow it even if you're pressed for time after your workout 
01 Feb
Thank you so much. I found the foam roller to be a good help. Relieved a lot of tension. But I will look into that for sure :) thanxx.
Image_thumb
36 Posts
Feb 19, 2017 2:01am
via iOS
Recovery days- the tiny muscle "micro-tears" require healing. Use some of the healthy, legal supplements. As Desert Fox mentioned, creatine and magnesium (lots of people have magnesium deficiency and don't know it). One magnesium supplement is "ZMA"- zinc, mag., and B-6 vitamin. Take ZMA on an empty stomach. When you take ZMA, do not eat anything with calcium for about an hour after taking the ZMA. If you eat something with calcium, wait even longer, 2 or 3 hours, before taking ZMA. Calcium blocks your body's absorption of ZMA. Some other supplements that can help to lessen soreness (preventive, and/or after becoming sore) include the kitchen spice turmeric (and curcumin supplements); BCAAs- "branched chain amino acids;" beta-alanine; citrulline; and glutamine. 
19 Feb
awesome girl thank you so much. I will look into those for sure. I do everything from stretching to foam Rolling and even rest days and still get really sore . That might help me so I'll try it :) thank you
28 Feb
the more you are training -the less your muscles pains. I like muscles pain, so i just not thinking about it as about suffer. Im just making myself masage and vaiting until pain will pass.
28 Feb
Yea I agree. I always say "it hurts so good" but I've just been trying a rest day every week and it's been helping a lot :)
01 Mar
you are first person i've met, who likes muscle pain as me.
Image_thumb
36 Posts
Feb 28, 2017 6:48pm
Dmitri, did a coach or physical therapist give you that advice, or agree with you? Muscle strain and overtraining are very real. Continuing to train when your muscles and body actually need recovery is counterintuitive and counterproductive. Thanks.
Image_thumb
36 Posts
Feb 28, 2017 6:50pm
Pencil Dmitri, did a coach or physical therapist give you that advice, or agree with you? Muscle strain and overtraining are very real. Continuing to train when your muscles and body actually need recovery is counterintuitive and counterproductive. Thanks.

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,217 topics, 38,279 posts

Motivation & Support

8,522 topics, 41,759 posts

App Updates

13 topics, 43 posts

Ask the Pros

718 topics, 1,827 posts

Workouts and Programs