Shoes for exercising?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 2, 2015 2:23pm
via Android

What type of shoes should I use for exercising? I do weight training n mattress exercises. Sometimes when I do knee-to-elbow plank in a fast mode on a mattress, my shoes get loosened and start to detach tho I have tied them tight and make them fit. Does anyone have recommendations for the shoe type and brand? Thanks!

02 Aug
Honestly the best would be to go try some out, people have different feet with different needs.
02 Aug
If I'm running I use cross country shoes. At home I use yoga socks or for most floor work I'll use yoga socks. Weight lifting I'm going to buy some otomix's soon. But I had some cheap pair of target brand c9 for the longest they were good just for general lifting and gym routines. Not so much for running on a track or street though
04 Aug
I usually exercise barefeet, don't know if that's right but when I did Zumba I worn my Running Adidas shoes and my feet hurt. Maybe because I've got flat feet...
05 Aug
Hmmm u should try applying a whole roll of duct tape around ur feet! That would be pretty cool!!!!
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 3, 2015 1:22pm
via Android

I love skechers!!  They are for everything.

10931165_1614587412095021_5794394825847744396_n_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 3, 2015 6:26pm
via Android

What ever is most comfortable for your feet

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Aug 5, 2015 5:10am
via Android

Asics with custom over pronouncation fitting are the lightest, most comfortable and stable trainers I've ever had

...better than Nike Free!

03 Feb
U can try my slippers
577898_304526149677075_1650155414_n_thumb
14 Posts
Oct 28, 2016 10:52pm

Its good that some people asks for specific suggestions. Having the right shoes can make all the difference in the effectiveness of your workout. I would say focus on flexibility, stability, and overall style. Try Nike free, I've used them a few times at the gym now and I'm really impressed. They breath nicely and afterwards my feet can't even tell I've been working out. They do seem to run about a half size too big, but it hasn't affected the comfort for me at all. There are some negative reviews in regards to these shoes holding up to running outside. It's probably fair to mention that I don't think these shoes are really meant for outdoors, they're cross training/gym shoes, which means exclusively indoors. That's probably why these are quite a bit cheaper than running shoes as well. Most gyms, including mine, require you to use shoes that haven't been used outdoors anyway so as long as you are respectful of that policy this shouldn't be an issue. But if you're looking for something to use both indoors and outdoors, this might not be the shoe for you.

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Oct 29, 2016 7:22am
via Android

I do my training in reebok crossfit shoes which I could buy for cheapo. Still going strong. Imo pretty good training shoes.

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Nov 23, 2016 6:38am
via Android

I personally like Puma running shoes. The Faas series are great! Also the Puma Ignite series. You can decide whether you like soft cushion shoes or firmer sturdier ones.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51