Im a 5'4 male and over weight where do I start?

3 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Oct 14, 2013 10:02am
via Android

Need guides and tips.

4 Posts
Oct 14, 2013 10:17am
via Android

I would say start with walking everyday or every other day. You have to start somewhere. Plus, when you're out of shape you can't just start out with the extreme unless you want to hurt yourself, so start out ready and work your way up. The hardest part is always the beginning and then it gets easy with hard work and consistency. Hope that helps! :-)

14 Oct
950 Posts
Oct 14, 2013 12:38pm
via Android

You can also start logging your diet and activity with the myfitnesspal app. You'll get in the habit of thinking about good food choices and be motivated to fit in little exercises (2 minutes of jumping jacks, 15 of walking, etc. ) here and there to start chipping away at your calories...

Find little light/moderate workouts here and just give em a shot.take it slow at first.

Most of your fitness goal effort needs to be in what you eat, whole foods, fruits veggies whole grains, avoid sugar as much as you can also processed wheat products, liquid calories (juices, mixed coffee beverages, soda) i find if I'm gonna cheat i should do it later in the day because those things cause intense crashes/cravings which are better faced while sleeping so i can just reset when wake up and not keep eating more.

Good luck! There's no great trick to it, with a little effort, lots of attention to your body and how you feel after certain foods and exercises, some checking in with friends on the forums, and honest tracking, if you just stick with it, through the setbacks and plateaus and everything, your gonna get there, guaranteed.

14 Oct
She covered it pretty well.
14 Oct
Sorry. Thought I was commenting on the chick above you

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51