New/Future Bride

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 8, 2013 10:41pm
via Android

I live in a family where obesity is a big issue an I surely don't want to be big rest of my life. It has cost me some health issues which is not yet serious but Im going to start nipping this in the bud. I'm 27 and i'm trying toseriously lost at least 30lbs. I do a lot of walking but I need more. I'm also a future bride and i'm trying to make sure I can have the dress of my dreams and not the typical ”big girl dress”. So any advice or motivation would help. Thanks.

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Oct 8, 2013 11:30pm
via iOS
Like I always say, start easy. The worst thing you can do is push yourself too hard the first week, because you will burn yourself out. Start walking in the mornings before breakfast. Jogging 1-2 hours after eating is really good, too. In regards to food, eat low-starch vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, green beans, etc) and low-sugar fruits (berries and apples are best) for most of your carbs. Brown rice and quinoa are good, but limit them as you are trying to lose weight. Also, beans are an excellent source of protein and good carbohydrates, but cook them yourself and do not use canned. Eat healthy fats (nuts, seeds, extra virgin olive oil, and extra virgin coconut oil) and good protein (chicken, eggs, lean beef, fish, pea protein, and zero-carb protein powder) at every meal, especially breakfast. Furthermore, you need to avoid liquid calories (juice, iced tea, highly sweetened coffee, and soda) and all forms of processed sugars and carbs, like corn syrup, white bread, store bought sweets, candy, etc.. You may want to avoid some foods, too. Wheat, dairy, peanuts, corn, and soy are major unknown food interances among people. For people who are intolerant, eating these foods will stress their bodies out and not allow them to lose weight. They will be bloated, irritable, and not sleep well. If you follow what I said, you will lose weight, and if you do not, you may want to take all of these foods out of your diet. But remember, do not get discouraged by one bad day, just know that you have another day ahead of you. 

Good luck and God bless!
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 9, 2013 1:06am
via Android

Thank you.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51