????helo help

3 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Apr 9, 2015 1:07pm
via iOS
If I was to squat with weights and do leg weights would that shred the fat or just turn it all into muscle ????
1657 Posts
Apr 9, 2015 1:23pm
via iOS

Studies have demonstrated that after a weight training workout, the metabolism can be boosted for up to 36 hours post-workout, meaning rather than burning say 60 calories an hour while sitting and watching TV, you're burning 70. While you may think, 'Big deal - 10 extra calories', when you multiply this by 36 hours, you can see what a huge difference that makes in your daily calorie expenditure over that day and a half.

When you figure out that on a monthly rate, it becomes even clearer how regular participation in a weight lifting session will really increase your calorie burning and thus fat burning capacity.

With cardio training, you might get an extra 40-80 calories burned after a moderate paced session, and this will depend upon the exact intensity and duration of the workout.

In order to generate a high amount of post-calorie burn from aerobics, you'd have to be doing it for a very long duration of time, and typically individuals who are capable of doing such a thing, don't need to be concerned with fat loss in the first place.

Now, sprinting is a slightly different story and will create effects with your metabolic rate closer to that of weight lifting, so that's something to consider as well. With this, you must be sprinting hard in order for benefits to be seen though, which is something some people will struggle with.

The second factor to consider in the fat loss wars is long-term metabolic increases. While it's great to be burning more calories for 36 hours after the workout, that's not going to help you two weeks from now unless you are consistent with your workout program (which you should be anyway, but that's not the point we're trying to make here).

What weight training will enable you to do is build up a larger degree of lean muscle mass, which then basically serves as your calorie burning powerhouse in the body.

10 Apr
Just want to add about sprinting, depending how old you are and the weight you have, a doc should check your heart first. If you have a lot of overweight, running fast might be bad for your knees and back - start walking in this case and lose weight first.
2 Posts
Apr 9, 2015 2:27pm
via Android

That is all true!  I have modeled myself after a woman at my gym that has a phenomenal body.  No fat!  She works out using her body weight and free weights.  She says that is the best way to burn fat.  She is RIGHT!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51