Calories!!!

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 23, 2017 7:14pm
via Android

Ok... do I have to work off the calories and more to lose weight or get rid of the belly fat?

24 Sep
Hi Leah... do you track your calories on an app like MyFitnessPal? It’s fun and informative. You might need to eat more in order to lose wt. 1200 at least. Otherwise your body metabolism lowers instead of increasing. How much water are you drinking?
24 Sep
I don't. I don't drink much water throughout the day either.
Image_thumb
1024 Posts
Sep 23, 2017 11:18pm
via Android

Not sure what exactly you're asking, but the answer is probably yes.

You have to maintain a caloric deficit to lose any weight.

You can do this by eating less, exercising more, or both. Changing your eating habits will get the biggest result but exercising more really helps with burning more calories and sticking to a change in your lifestyle. So doing both is the best way.

23 Sep
On most days I barely eat anything. Something small twice a day. I'm not sure if it's smart to do. I try to track (works most of the time) my calories and then do workouts (I do workout(s) everytime I eat) but I'm not sure exactly when to workout. I am wondering if I should work off all the calories and then more to get rid of the belly fat. I am not sure how it really works.
Image_thumb
1024 Posts
Sep 25, 2017 12:36am
via Android

I don't know Leah, but what you have described does not really sound healthy.
Aren't you hungry??

Please be very cautious with severely restricting your nutrition. We are all subjected to an insane amount of unhealthy attitudes about health and beauty, this is especially true for young women, and each year more and more of the population are more likely to develop body image problems, all because it makes these billion dollar companies ridiculous amounts of money if they can easier sell to people who are unhappy.

Most people need a base level of calories to stay alive, plus another level to maintain their current weight, plus more to fuel normal levels of activity.

The goal of healthy and sustainable weight loss is usually to eat just a little less, and do just a bit more activity, so, while you're still eating enough calories to stay alive and healthy, you're just eating under the amount required to maintain your weight.

Developing real habits, such as healthier snack options, more water and less liquid calories, eating nutritious food that doesn't leave you craving later, these things become a way of life that make maintaining a healthy weight a lot easier.

Myfitnesspal is a great app for monitoring calories, and setting realistic weight loss goals within healthy limits. You can look at your nutrition, and make sure you're getting enough vitamins and stuff, while still losing a reasonable amount of weight without causing lasting damage to your metabolism, body, or mental health. It's a really great app and I suggest it to all my clients.

There are tons of healthy strong women out there, living the fitness life, and not promoting unhealthy attitudes about weight. Look for those on social media and avoid the "motivation" accounts that only promote one body type.

I wish you all the best and happy to answer any questions I can help with.

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,341 topics, 38,286 posts

Motivation & Support

8,528 topics, 41,545 posts

App Updates

42 topics, 103 posts

Ask the Pros

763 topics, 1,947 posts

Workouts and Programs