Stubborn calfs

4 posts | Original | Recent
13 Posts
Jul 13, 2013 1:45pm
via Android

Been Trying to get my calls to grow...what's the please

13 Jul
What helped is running stairs/hills on toes..not the heels of your feet. Also jumprope:-) hope it helps,GodBless!
07 Nov
Measure and record. Do heavy weight, low reps, no rest in between sets, go front, open toes, close toes, circuits, after that massage the muscle and rest for 45 seconds max, do 5 sets. Do this twice a week for a month. Then rest a week, repeat. Don't forget to measure progress( with measuring tape). Good lock.
667 Posts
Jul 14, 2013 9:29pm
via iOS
Muscles that you use the most often need to take a beating if you want to see results.. Muscles that you don't use often will respond much faster.. That's what I've noticed.. So when it's calves day.. Hit them hard.. Mix it up like Bryan recommend and make sure you squueze and contract the muscle fully..
376 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 5:27pm

Sitting calf raises, brother... So it's not your Achilles doing most of the work. They really isolate the calf. But you are going to have to OVERLOAD the muscle with isolation. Sit down, put a towel over your knees and start piling on plates , a lot of them... there are different foot positions you can experiment with to isolate different parts of the calf muscles... Remember to pause at the top of the movement to really work it... There it is, bro. On leg days, make sure you do that max rep 3 series. You'll get results. If not, I don't deserve to be called The Guru.

347 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 8:26pm
via iOS
The way only way,is to combine the standing calf raise and the sitting calf raise..they both need each other for growth..and as already said,overload them..either with bigger load,or a lot of descending reps,like 18-8..they will be forced to grow..could luck

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51