Need advice

3 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jun 21, 2013 9:12pm
via Android

I became ill after a routine Ct scan in February 2012 and have had to learn how to rewalk. During this time I gained weight and lost a lot of muscle tone. I am wanting to get back in shape and lose this weight. Need positive motavation and any other ideas. I have to start out slow since I have only been of my walker for a month. Any advice is welcomed.

8 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 11:12am
via Android

Wow good luck with your recovery xxx I think at the moment you should focus on your physio and recovery. Just a walk everyday to get started. Dont want to push yourself too much too soon and cause more damage. Work your way up to from a walk to a walk and some easy toning exercises. Ease yourself in. Peace and love xx

562 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 3:31pm
via iOS
My mom had surgery done on both her knees ( not on the same day)  because of a torn meniscus.  
Prior to her surgery, she wasn't active because her knees gave her trouble. As a result, she lost muscle tone and stamina.
After surgery, she started physiotherapy three times a week. As she got better she realized that being active keeps her knees in better shape. She has more energy now. 
I can imagine its frustrating losing muscle tone and having to start all over again. I know you can do it! 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51