How to get back into getting fit mindset?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 12:56am
via Android

From August 2010 to September 2012 I managed to lose 70 lbs with tracking nutrition and working out hard. I loved it, I was so fit and getting nice tone n definition. From September to March I maintained but didnt lose anymore, which means I wasnt giving 100% Then I went on a missions trip to haiti in March for a week, went back in May for 2 weeks and havent been able to get fovusednagain:( Ive so gar gained 15 lbs since and feel like i wanna crawl under a rock. I HAVE ZERO MOTIVATION OR DESIRE to work out or eat clean. If anyone has any advice to help get on track id appreciate it! Oh, im a mom of 4 kids also :) 8, 5, 3 n 3.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 1:52am
via iOS
The best advice I can give you is, think of a better you. You want that right? Then fight hard for it. Working out and eating right will get you what you want, think of how HOT you will look in month from now,and a month from that , if you work hard! If you can lose 70lbs once, you can do it again! Just start slow now, like write down your food intake, and circle foods that made u feel guilty then find alternatives! (I've been doing this for three weeks and it works for me) ..... Aside from eating just start doing little exercise sessions, like...walking for 20minutes in the morning , or doing 15 minute workout programs offered here on skimble! It takes 3 weeks to make a habit, so once it's made you'll want to progress more and work harder to better yourself! If you need motivation, kik me and I'll pump you up in the morning or whenever you like!(:
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 1:59am
via iOS
It might help to go look through health magazines, Pinterest, etc, and find healthy new recipes and get the kids involved and have them pick one out and you all make it together just to experiment. Also keep as little possible junk food in the house and instead stock up on your favorite fruit and veggies. Keep food made in advanced like a fruit smoothie the night before for breakfast. Make small changes at a time. If you change everything all at once and find it hard, you'll be more tempted to quit. As for workouts, schedule your day and leave that time for it. That way you won't have excuses not to. Start small. And add in little things into your day. Like doing wall sits or calf raises while brushing your teeth or when high knees while waiting for something in the microwave, etc. even the little things add up! Hope this helped!
xo Jillian
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 2:00am
via iOS
Don't do what I did. I worked hard lost about 40 lbs and decided I didn't need to workout or eat right and here I am back up 40lbs and trying to lose it all over agan. Stop your weight gain now at 15 lbs, it's much easier to lose 15 than 20, 30 or 70 :) u can do it
24 Jun
I wish I would have stopped my weight gain early on, I lost interest and just started eating any and everything, also go lazy and found excuses not to workout...:(
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 2:12am
via Android

Thanks! This alone gives me hope! :)

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 10:40pm
via iOS
Keeping a food dairy from myfitnesspal has helps me stay motivated.
24 Jun
I started using MFP Nivemner 2011, its great. Ive started tracking my food again. :)
24 Jun
Okay. Whatever works for you. I feel like holding yourself accountable is the best motivation.
25 Jun
Its the same as you, MyFitnessPal :) Its nice to be able to look over whatyou ate and see what you need to change
25 Jun
Yeah....then you can make changes accordingly. It's helped me to compromise. I mean it's easy to keep track when on you have a life of own but when your living at home...its different. I've learned it's possible to work around calorie intake. I've got my mom to go with myfitnesspal too so both of us are accountable.
25 Jun
Yeah...it can drive you nuts not knowing how much is too much.
275104_100000450804137_710122909_n_thumb
24 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 12:41am
via Android

Pack a jumprope on your mission trips, commit to doing something, anything for at least 10 minutes on days when you don't have time to do anything else. You can always find 10 minutes, even if it's before you get in the bed at night.

25 Jun

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51