Lookin for some advice

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
51 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 9:34pm
via iOS
Hey fellow Skimblers! I'm looking to build some muscle on my arms, legs, and abs as well as shred some belly fat and fat on my thighs, any tips on how to do both at the same time or do I have to do one at a time? Thanks!
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 10:35pm
via Android

Hey matthew. Let me give this a shot.

Building muscle and shredding the bodyfat at the same time is possible but not easy. The two things are almost eachother opposites so going for both is a matter of discipline.

The first thing you need to realise this whole procces is alot more about eating than training.

In this process losing the fat will take longer. Because you cant eat too much beneat your daily need ( otherwise no muscle gains ). And the muscle gains will come slower than while bulking(eating above daily need).

This is pretty much the basic information about this process.

The main parts are weighttraining and eating. Cardio wont be the biggest factor in my opinion. But a good thing next to those 2.

Will come back on those 2 later.

Image_thumb
51 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 10:46pm
via iOS
Thanks a bunch Rappa! I knew that in order to build muscle you must eat a lot and that comes with some flab and in order to burn fat you need to burn more calories than you consume, but I wasn't sure if they were achievable at the same time. Anyway, I am 13 and I'm still growing so I am not too keen on weightlifting, are there any other alternatives that are effective for building muscle mass? I know chin-ups work but how about push-ups and that type of stuff, are they effective or are they more on cardio side, increasing muscle endurance? Thank you once again Rappa, it's greatly appreciated. :D
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 1:17am
via iOS
Do crossfit workouts. They are muscle building exercises that apply cardio to each workout.
26 Jun
Thanks, but the problem is I don't have any equipment or a gym membership, but I will be purchasing a pull-up bar soon. Thanks for the suggestion!
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 1:53am
via Android

Hi... you are male

26 Jun
Yesi am lol
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 2:10am
via iOS
Look up crossfit workouts, there are a bunch of body weight ones which you will build muscle and tone.
26 Jun
Oh ok, thanks a bunch Martin, I appreciate it!
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 2:10am
via Android

Pfft...  damn phone. Anyway you are male and likely younger than me but here is what I have learned through  studying nutrition and biology. Protein. Protein. Protein ... a diet over the recommended grams  in protein allows our muscle to absorb protein at a cellular level.  Its a complicated process but protein cells are a bit cannibalistic and prefer to eat muscle than fat cells. So if our diets are low in protein all the work we do to build muscle and get rid of fat is actually detrimental because our muscle is ends up depleted. I hope it makes sense. Trudy

26 Jun
Lol, thanks Trudy, that makes sense, thanks for your help!
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 8:52am
via Android

That you are 13 kind of changes the whole idea hehe. If i where you u should do mainly bodyweight training and next to this just eat what you like. Next to this try to add some extra protein to your diet.

28 Jun
Alright thanks Rappa!
28 Jun
You wont be gaining much muscles since your body is using alot of energy to grow and develop. You should see some strenght improvements. But dont be expecting bodybiolding kind of gains. Just workout and see how it fits you.
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 2:15am
via Android

Your welcome.  I wish someone would have told me that at your age :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51