Motivational Inspiration

24 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jun 27, 2013 4:52pm
via iOS
Somewhere to share quotes or experiences regarding the challenges and the motivation and inspiration involved in facing and achieving training objectives.
28 Jun
I did two work outs today. The 8mim floor workout last night kicked my butt. I was so stiff and sore today. I kept stretching and I have to say it felt amazing! And by that I mean it felt amazing to know I could feel that I did something that my body recognized it also. After my workouts today I'm expecting to feel it for the next couple of days and I am glad!
28 Jun
Today I do what others will not, so tomorrow I can do what others can not. ~ Brian Loop
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 3:48am
via iOS
Hi Tia, thanks for sharing... today was motivated by last-minuteness... You know, how you suddenly spring into action when you're late! :)
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 1, 2013 6:14pm
via iOS

Get grateful!  

My body is rested and calm.  

I'm looking and feeling fantastic my body is tight and muscular I'm full of power and energy.
02 Jul
You are AWESOME!!
02 Jul
Awww :)
Icon_missing_thumb
172 Posts
Jul 2, 2013 12:24am
via Android

One of my favorites:

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going."

02 Jul
It takes 21 days to form a habit, but takes only 3 days to break it".
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 2, 2013 12:28am
via iOS
I know this sounds rather childish, but my husband was watching me work out while he sat on the couch watching tv and the hung that kept going thru my head was *anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better then you* he was laughing at me a lil and I told him to get off his butt and try it.  He said yeah no thanks. Hehe
02 Jul
So I kept saying to myself YOU ARE AWESOME RED! AMAZING AND AWESOME AND ON YOUR WAY!
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 2, 2013 12:30am
:) that's highly debatable, we are creatures of habit, yes, but we are driven by motivation - in everything we do... it determines what we do/why we do.
Icon_missing_thumb
172 Posts
Jul 2, 2013 1:02am
via Android

Okay....here's another one:

"Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs, the burning in your legs and the voice inside you that yells "I CAN'T!" But you don't listen. You push harder. Then you hear that voice fade away and start to whimper "I can". That's the moment you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the person you really are.

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 2, 2013 1:09am
:))))) Research calls those Automatic Negative Thoughts. Or ANTs for short. I struggled with these often until I read about it and decided that I would visually STAMP OUT THE ANTS during work outs. Particularly running, easier to stamp :) This helped me recognise the thoughts when they came as automatic, not of my doing, in fact I anticipated them and was ready with my coping strategy when they came - STAMP!!! This, combined with a lot of defiant self-talk and teaching my trainers how I wanted to be trained (no encouragement, no sympathy) really delivered (for me). I'm loving the interaction on here, had no idea about Skimble!
02 Jul
The only way I was able to lose the weight I have in the past was eliminating the word "can't"....Once I did I totally surprised myself with what I COULD do.
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 2, 2013 1:12am
Part of my morning routine involves a lot of thankfulness :) Have this pop up in my calendar every day: Little touches add up :)
02 Jul
Great routine to have. Good luck to you in reaching your goals!
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 2, 2013 12:54pm
Every morning play music and smile (actually do it, smile broadly) at this brand new day :). it's going to be another great day :) Today will be an awesome day :). I'm better and stronger than ever, training hard and building my power and skills. How badly do I want to improve? Am I really willing to work that hard? Am I willing to keep pushing forward when I feel like giving up? Will I say “yes I want more”, when others would say “no I’ve had enough”? Works for me :)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 2, 2013 1:25pm
via Android

"More sweat now, less jiggle later!

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 2, 2013 2:32pm
Hahaaaaa :)))) I kinda like a bit of jiggle! ;)
03 Jul
Hehe.... So do I!!
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 3, 2013 1:36pm
via iOS
Recovery Training

I've started my day right to launch into my 
physical training and football preparations.  

I will rest and heal and I will stick to what I set out to do, I will train. 

My mind is set to do all the right things to love and care for myself, strengthen and make the right choices that keep my body at its optimum.

I'm working to stay fit and really love myself, 
to do what I need to do!

Let's go!
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jul 3, 2013 7:02pm

Your workouts are important meetings you schedule with yourself. Bosses don't cancel!

03 Jul
Love it! :)))
Image_thumb
89 Posts
Jul 3, 2013 9:13pm
via Android

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.
My new favourite motivational motto x

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 3:33pm
via iOS

More of my daily self-talk: 

I'm mindful and remember to mentally prepare deliberately for each training session - what I will do, why and how.  

I am working super smart, efficiently and effectively every day to be in the greatest shape of my life, extremely strong and fit with fantastic endurance and explosive power.  

I have incredible support from good people who want to see me successful in football and I am so grateful for this source of strength and motivation. I keep pushing!

I'm feeling fantastic and happy training hard to achieve the standard for semi/pro football.  
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 9:45pm
via iOS
Fasted Mountain Hill-Climb

More self-talk :) 

I am strengthening and stretching and building muscle mass and tone increasing cardio stamina and light on my feet, releasing my body to perform at professional levels.  

I'm concentrating all my efforts on being ready to play football, I am developing explosive acceleration, training to produce ferocious striking power and practicing daily to be a cool finisher.

In small-sided games am improving to be so sharp and explosive, getting space and my shots on goal will be precise and give goalkeepers no chance   I will be great in the air too.  I'm a natural goalscorer and have an Eagle eye for a pass and my fitness and technical training brings this out in abundance :)
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 9:54am
via iOS

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  – Aristotle

"When a man is sufficiently motivated, discipline will take care of itself."  – Sir Alexander Paterson

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 10:28am
via Android

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  –Robert Frost

"Inspiration exists, but it must find you working." –Pablo Picasso

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 1:27am
via iOS
Yes!  My cousin has flown over for a week, now THAT'S a big motivational boost!  Sharing is caring :)
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 18, 2013 8:19pm
via iOS
El Puertito Turtle Chase

I've started my day right to launch into my physical training and football preparations.  I will rest and heal and I will stick to what I set out to do, I will train. My mind is set to do all the right things to love and care for myself, strengthen and make the right choices that keep my body at its optimum.  I'm working to stay fit and really love myself, to do what I need to do!
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 27, 2013 12:08am
via iOS
60min Base Endurance 8km/ph

Today I'm going to lay a strength and fitness brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid and soon I will have a great wall to be proud of    I will train and perform and eat and care for myself as perfectly as possible and improve on this every single day      I'm better than ever, superlean and tough and fast!  It's already happening!
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 2:39pm
via iOS
Do you know what truly motivates you?  When you isolate your true motivation/goal - everything is part of the journey.  You have ups and downs, emotional highs and deep lows, but, no matter what - you know the end goal because that is the pure thing that drives you forward.  Your best will vary from day today, sometimes we are at max power, sometimes weaker than usual, sometimes even sick so give yourself a break, forgive yourself - it's a journey, you are not losing focus again, you are simply showing signs of a true warrior - one who questions why is not weak, it shows you want to assert the validity of your mission, however great or small.
260872_1461442907_286894367_n_thumb
51 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 3:16pm
via iOS
"You can feel sore tomorrow, or you can feel sorry tomorrow."

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesnt change you."

"One pound at a time."

"When you feel like quitting, think about why you started."

And for all the ladies out there...
"If you still look cute at the end of your workout, you didn't train hard enough."

Motivation for me is seeing pounds drop, inches shed, and feeling stronger each day I workout and eat healthy.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51