Any advice?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 10:17am
via Android

Hi guys, a fair few of you seem pretty good with this kind of advice, basically I'm struggling to lose belly fat, I'm cycling a minimum of 75 miles per week, various crunches every other evening, Along with other activities.
I've been doing this for over three months. My chest is looking a lot better, my legs are mostly muscle but my belly is still lagging behind.
Oh and my diet is at a good standard... Any tips on losing lat in that area?
Thanks in advance.
Gary :)

28 Jun
You might want to take another look at your diet. It all starts at the table. :-)
28 Jun
She is right... Diet is the key to getting the body you want. It doesn't matter if your cycling a 100 miles, HIIT training, Tabata protocol or circuits. All my clients who are successful have their diet nailed (I'm a Paleo advocate) , have a 8-16 week resistance training plan, and active journaling. Make sure your workout plan is consistent with your goals. EXAMPLE: I never understood guys that wanted to put on muscle mass who were lifting heavy and then after their workout running 10 miles on the treadmill. That makes no sense and is counter productive. If you...
28 Jun
Cheers guys, I agree diet is key, and since sorting that out I've noticed huge changes, I'm burning 1/2 - 3/4 of the calories I eat per day, I'm on quite high fibre diet keeping a lot of meat and veg n the mix. As for workouts I understand running drops muscle mass which isn't exactly what I want but found its quick way to lose fat. Whereas cycling slowly loses fat but keeps muscle mass. I'm quite a stocky guy and only really just starting on muscle now. I'm not fussed about weight I'm 6foot 180 pounds and have...
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 10:40am
via iOS
I would say switch up and intensify your cardio. Instead of just biking, add in a run 1-2X a week and maybe a fast paced walk with some weight on your back (30-50 lbs), HIIT is also a good cardio workout. Also, if there is any part of your diet at all than can be cleaned up do it. For example, if your a soda drinker but eat healthy....ditch the soda. You may have reached a point "plateau" point. It is a point in your weight lose where your body stops losing for a short period of time. I've hit that wall twice. Keep pushing yourself harder and harder (within your physical limits) and you will get where you want to be! Good luck!
28 Jun
Thanks! I'll definitely take up a bit of running, haven't tried any HIIT work outs yet so they might be worth ago... And I'll cut the few bits of chocolate I have! Worth it in the long run! Thanks again!
28 Jun
No problem. Hope you achieve your goal.
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 10:41am
via Android

I got similar problem. Can't get a rid of fat on lower belly

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 2:15pm
via Android

I have very heavy hips and i want to lose fats on hip area what should i do

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 2:47pm
via Android

And i also have the cellulate problem.my hips skin is like old people un even and very bulky what should i do for that which type of exercise

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 3:05pm
via iOS
ALL THOSE THAT WANT TO LOOSE BELLY FAT PLEASE CHECK OUT MY POST.. go to my profile and go to topics started... Do what I wrote in my topic and you WILL LOOSE BELLY FAT!! Goodluck
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 3:24pm
via Android

I have a fat hips what should i do for that also have cellulate problem

Tom_thumb
24 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 4:48pm
I have prescribed many resistance training regimens for many clients over the years. I have found that cardio strength training has yielded the best results for most of my clients who are trying to get lean. I'm not saying that is the end all be all! There are many strategies out there that work better for others- guess and check! That's why it's important to keep a training and diet journal. The training journal allows you to keep a record of how much weight you're pushing, times and more. The goal of a workout program is to continually improve in every workout. I'm sure you have seen people in the gym pushing the same weight they did over six months ago. Don't be that person and keep an accurate record and improve. The food journal holds you accountable for what you are eating. If you're not losing the weight you desire maybe you should look back and see where you need to make changes. It's unfortunate that a lot of people just workout. If you want change you need to train. How you train is to have a program and continually improve on it. Good luck! Tom C. MS, CSCS
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 5:47pm
via Android

Takes time bro
Dont lose faith
Keep it up and try to beat yourself everyday!
Btw you should switch from cycling to running and from running to cycling every 2-3 weaks so your body cant get used to it.
Wish you good luck.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51