Any ex-smokers & how did you do it?

5 posts | Original | Recent
13 Posts
Jun 29, 2013 4:25am
via Android

I've been a daily smoker for seven years. I once quit for about a year and picked it right back up after one puff. I own one of those vape smoking devices, but I wonder what the effects of the propolyne glycol are, so id rather ditch that as well. The period of time I was smoke free, a strict physical fitness regimen was of much help, but doesn't seem to inspire me like it once did. Has anyone out there done it and what helped you?

08 Jul
I gave someone a large financial reward to quit and that worked for her. To my knowledge she is well past 10 years cigarette free
09 Jul
I found out I was pregnant after smoking for 6 years. I just cold turkey did it and haven't looked back. That was over three years ago. If you are willing and ready to quit, I.honestly suggest going cold turkey. The first three weeks or so will be hard, but it's worth it!
2 Posts
Jun 29, 2013 5:15am
via Android

I quit cold turkey with the help of a book called  "Easy way to stop smoking" by Allen Carr. Trust me, it will change your life! Many ex smokers swear by it and so do I. And those e-cigs or 'vaporizers' still have nicotine in them so it will always keep you addicted to that drug. And remember, if the amount of nicotine in one cigarette was extracted and shot directly into a persons veins, they will DIE. Nicotine in whatever form it is in is still a poison! I was a smoker for 7 1/2 years.

29 Jun
I will have to check it out. I am also a recovering addict and I regularly attend twelve step meetings... some other addicts have applied the twelve steps to smoking and other addictions. I make the juice used in vapes, there is an option to create juice without nicotine but my concern is how propolyne glycol effects the body... its used in cosmetics and shampoo etc I am just waiting for the news break that e cigs are more or just as harmful as cigarettes. I'll see if I canfind that book on amazon. Thanks!
02 Jul
Awesome to see another recovering addict on here! Congrats!
12 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 12:33pm
via Android

Inhaling toxic feums what made me give up coughing up flem meukes can't breath when running just not kool started smoking age 12 stop age 25 I'm 35 now haven't puffd since I feel awesome wish me never started in tha first place years wasted of good heath gone now me making up for lost years of fittness I'm more active now then ever its not too late to stop only you have the power you can do it I didit by eating cough lollies each time I was tempted to smoke just ate one toke my mind of it in taste better in breath better that was my remedy hope you find yours good luck

147 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 1:31am
via iOS
I used to smoke 1 1/2 packs a day. One day I got into this mode where I want to better myself. I wanted to be a happier, healthier me. So I quit cold turkey. Wasn't easy and the cravings kicked my ass but I made it through. I also planned to enlist into the army and I wanted to be smoke free by the time I left for basic. I have now been smoke free for about 6 1/2-7 yrs. I only smoked 1 cigarette that whole time and it was to celebrate the completion of my deployment in Afghanistan. Always remember, once an addict always an addict. Cravings will come and go but never give in!
4 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 2:36am
via iOS
Prayer and God is what made me quit. I was pregnant also and wanted to quit for the baby. So I prayed for god to completely remove the cravings and if i do light one up to make it gross. Well I had a half of a cig left one day and smoked it and it was gross. I haven't taken even a drag since that last cig. I owe it all to Jesus. It has been 3 and Half years now

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51