Losing body fat. Help?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
106 Posts
Jun 30, 2013 2:29pm
via iOS
Anyone know any workouts for losing body fat and what are some good foods to eat that help lose fat
30 Jun
Lots of cardio and Clean Eating. That's the best way to go
Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
Jun 30, 2013 2:46pm

Although I don't want to rain on your parade, you need to keep two very important principles in mind:

• Exercise is awesome for building and strengthening muscle - both cardiac (heart) and skeletal (biceps, triceps, etc.). 
  • Changing what you eat - not going on a temporary crash diet - is awesome for reducing body fat.

Most good personal trainers will tell you that fat loss is:

• 80% about the amount and type of food you eat
  • 10% the result of exercise
  • 10% the result of better sleep and stress reduction

If your goal is to primarily reduce body fat, you need to change your food lifesytle. One excellent book that takes into account all of the most modern research is "The New Metabolic Effect Diet".

To go along with the change in how you eat, a great way to improve your overall fitness is to use High Intensity Interval Training (called HIIT) workouts, 2-3 times per week.

A few good examples on Skimble are:

You can also search Skimble for "cardio hiit" to find more. If you don't believe me, here are my abs as proof:

Image_thumb
176 Posts
Jun 30, 2013 2:48pm
via Android

Cardio is the best fat burner. But if you also looking to tone up throw in some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) exercises. These exercises force you to work hard in short intense spurts with little recovery time in between. The result is greater after burn (the amount of calories you burn after your workout us over).

I built my HIIT exercises (Core Blast, Sexy Booty, 20x10) from workouts I found here and at ab-workouts-guide.com If you like them checkout Cardio Fight Club HIIT, MAX Tabata Test, Cut and Chiseled, or Fast Fitness Circuit they're fun and challenging.

As for food focus on eating plenty of proteins (lean meat---turkey, chicken, slam on, etc) , good fats (almonds, avocados, pistachios, walnuts, etc), cut back on carbs (breads and pastas), of course drink plenty of water and cut back on soda.

Good luck and God Bless!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51