Insanity!!!

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Jul 3, 2013 2:00pm
via Android

Well i started insanity a few days ago and i hate it!!! Ive done two workouts and the cardio recovery which wasnt to bad! I was supposed to do pure cardio yesterday but talked myself out of 55 mins of pure hell!! I like excersising but doing to point you wanna throw up hmmmm im not sure about that!! My question is really should i stick it out regardless or stick with what i enjoy opnions plz! :)

03 Jul
If you hate it then your not going to put all your effort into it and push through. You should stick to workouts you enjoy doing so that you know you can push yourself. It will help in the long run.
Image_thumb
93 Posts
Jul 3, 2013 2:15pm
via iOS
It's not good if you aren't in good shape before you start it.  Put it on hold while you get into better shape, running, and going through the Insanity motions for a few weeks.  That way you're more ready for it then.  I was in good shape doing 5 mile treadmill runs, and weights and there were times I had to force myself to stay on it and wanting to stop in the middle of workouts.  Gotta be fun, so I'd say work up to it!
04 Jul
Good advice phil! I should of thought of this myself! In all honesty i only started it as i got it cheap and my phone broke so didnt have access to my beloveed app for 5 days!!
Image_thumb
124 Posts
Jul 3, 2013 2:35pm
via Android

I feel ya! Im doing it too girl ... It is hard and im already in decent shape! I say stick with it! Ill encourage you! Lets goooooooo!

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 12:21am
via iOS
I hated it too ... Went back to running and weight lifting saw same results as they claim you get from insanity .. Actually you would see great results doing any kind of Tabata or hitt training .. Proper form is the key to great results any way of which insanity does not give its all about speed for them that may work for others but not all ...
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 4, 2013 2:10am
via iOS
Loll you wry aggressive u 
Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 2:21am

The only "right" exercise program is the one that you will do 3-5 times a week for the rest of your life. 

If you hate it, it will eventually fail that test.

Instead, look for High Intensity Interval Training programs, for both cardio (heart) health and strength (all your other muscles) health. HIIT programs have been shown to be just as effective, are easing to make time for, and are generally quite fun.

Here are a few good examples you should try:

http://skm.me/sw/3J2d

http://skm.me/sw/3GmL

http://skm.me/sw/3xcA

04 Jul
Yh i love hit programmes and really like all the workouts ive done on this app so far!! I think i will stick to the app and hiit for a while and then fo back to insanity to try again the dvd isnt going any where is it!
04 Jul
Good decision :-) Message me if you need suggestions on other workouts. Always happy to help.
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 2:37am
via Android

I say if you really really want to have an awesome body and/or lose weight than stick with it...
I'm getting ready to start insanity on monday! Well good luck hope you stick with it! 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51