Need some advice please help

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 7:24pm
via Android

I'm a 30 year old female. I'm somewhere between an endomorph and mesomorph but right now at 5'7" I weigh 165 which blows. I have yo yo'd on weight my entire life from 100 lbs to 170 until I got pregnant. I am having such a hard time losing weight from the pregnancy and my youngest is almost 2! I still need to lose 25 lbs to be where I like the way I look best. My main issue it's sugar. I'm an addict and I want it every moment of every day, it's so hard to stay away. I'm currently trying to change my pallet to healthier stuff but it's hard...really hard.

Anyway to my main point, I gained cellulite when I was pregnant. I had a little bit before but it was just a couple dimples in my butt cheeks, hardly noticeable but now it's in my legs and it's pretty bad imo. I need things I can do to get rid of it! But I have to be careful because my body gains muscle quickly and it can end up making me seem more fat because I gain the muscle but don't lose the fat. So I need cardio/muscle building workouts I can do at home without equipment. I was doing really great at the gym but I'm a stay at home mom of a 2 and 3 year old and they kept getting sick from the gym daycare so I finally just had to give that up. Anyway, any tips or advice on the cellulite would be awesome and I'm going to try and not think about sugar.

04 Jul
We sound pretty similar. I have found once I start losing weight the cellulite goes with it. I have cut myself off sugar cold turkey and today is day 4. I feel so much better physically an mentally. I'm less tired and have more motivation to workout and eat healthy.
Image_thumb
237 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 9:35pm
via Android

Hey Michelle give me a run down on how's your diet do u know how much body fat u have?

04 Jul
Im getting better but my diet is still crap. I've been slowly cutting out processed foods as much as I can anyway and trying to get more veggies and fiber in. I have a husband who I'm convinced wants to keep me fast because he's always bringing home yummy, processed treats despite my telling him not to and I have no will power to just say no! I'm not very good at keeping track of everything I eat as far as this much protein and that much fiber but I would really like any help in getting better at that...
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 9:52pm
via Android

Lisa c has the right idea I also had the same problem you just need to replace the processed sugar with fruits... This is the second time i've said this today but it works for me. It kicks the sweet tooth but without all the guilt associated with it...

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 10:33pm
via Android

I'm trying to work myself of sugar slowly but maybe I should just go cold turkey. It's awesome that you have so much will power! I've already lost 20 lbs but it seems to look worse but maybe I'm just being too critical of myself,  I'm prone top do that often.

04 Jul
Cold turkey works best for me...not sure why I think cause its such an addiction for me that its best to just detox. I'm insulin resistant/border line diabetic so I shouldn't even be eating sugar or simple carbs anyways :) The first week is the hardest, but I'm here if you need some support
04 Jul
Ok.I'm going to start cold turkey starting tomorrow morning! I'll definitely need some support lol! It's so hard having a good addiction because you have to eat, it isn't like an alcoholic where you can avoid the booze kwim? I need to focus on eating to live and not living to eat. I'm such an emotional eater though and I think it had something to do with my dopamine levels. I'm type O blood and I've read that type O's tend to have low dopamine levels but that sugar can give you a dopamine rush. I need a sugar rehab...
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 11:12pm
via iOS
I am also an emotional eater/stress eater. With 7 kids how can I not be? Haha

I am also an overwater. My stomach an brain never flip the switch that tell me I'm full so I can eat tons til I feel sick. 

I too have  O- blood, and low iron.

I have found that taking a prenatal works better for me than a multi vitamin. I think I tend to have low iron and the prenatals have a bit more than most multi ones

The best thing I've found with combating my sugar craving is keeping myself full and eating every 2-3 hrs. All fresh lean foods. Nothing packaged or processed. When I do that I'm not hungry and have no desire to snack on sugar. 
04 Jul
Also are you using an app to track your cAls? That's helped me lots by not over eating and knowing what I can have and how many cAls I have left
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jul 5, 2013 12:27pm
via iOS
I sent you a msg to your inbox :) 
Image_thumb
124 Posts
Jul 5, 2013 2:19pm
via Android

I cut cold turkey too but i got really sick but i cold turkey cut sugar wheat products and meat so lol. But my man advice... Shop the outter parts of the store not the isles. Isles are where the crap is

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51