Need to Gain weight-Please help!

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 4:42am
via iOS
Sometimes, I get like that too.  The best thing to do is move.  Start your day with a run or walk outside, do a quick midday workout (just 10 mins!!! You can get out of bed for 10 mins), and yoga before bed.  The run/walk and the quick workout will release endorphins and increase your energy, being outside will improve your mood, and the yoga will reduce stress and help you relax.  After you run in the morning, take a shower and fix your hair and makeup.  Feeling ready for the day will help be more ready to take on its challenges and less likely to creep back to bed.  Keep food handy throughout the day, even two bites here and two bites there will be better than nothing.  Spend time cooking supper (or whichever meal you have the most time to spend preparing).  You can sit and look at it for a while and then throw it in the trash if you want, but the more time you spend on it the less you will want to do that.  Don't try to take on the world at once.  Pick one of these things to do tomorrow, add one more each day.  Tackle one problem or handle one task at a time (or as time allows) and do the things that are most important first.  These are my drs orders for myself.  It helps.  I've been doing it for 2 1/2 yrs and have been managing depression and anxiety fairly well without any medication or therapy this way.  I also find it helpful to have someone I can talk to who will listen to me but won't let me drown in my sorrows.  
Good luck and keep your chin up!! 
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 5:08am
via Android

Youre a beautiful girl, youre healthy (from what i see) and youre alive...be happy :) as for gaining weight i hear some ppl drink ensure a few times a day in between meals. Hope this helps many blessings to you and hope u feel better!

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 6:13am
via Android

Start doing something you like, I mean, any activity you like. This will keep you motivated everyday. Give yourself a breath of stress and obligations; and make time for yourself to get to know you better. Indulge yourself once in a while, specially those days you feel down. Try to spend less time on bed and more doing what you like.
   Start eating your favorite meals...
   I know all this sounds too hard when you're depressed, but going against what you feel like doing is exactly what is gonna make you feel better and eat again.
   Remember you always can talk about your feelings and ask for advice.
   Good luck!

Jul 6, 2013 7:07am
via iOS
Ola hi
06 Jul
I've been through it, and you're not alone. I thought I was going crazy but my counselor said the really crazy ones don't know they're crazy. That's what makes them crazy! So I try to remember that when I start feeling that way. I think definitely consult a professional on this one, but protein shakes are probably a good thing for you and drinking seems easier than eating in my experience when I was going through it. Please take care of yourself and do things at least once per day that you really love and enjoy. Don't be hard on...
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 9:22am
via Android

Wish i could help you it. But all i can help you with are some kind words and wish you all the best in resolving this prpblem. Keep up!

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 9:56am
via Android

That happens to me too from time to time and I have a pretty fast metabolism so I never really gain much weight. I'm also a personal trainer so I train everyday which helps with releasing those feel good hormones, so try different activities, it's amazing what a dance class can do for your mood..as for the eating, start off slow with a meal replacement shake, perhaps twice a day and have 5/6 small meals a day (a big plate of food will just scare you off altogether)this will also help keeping up your energy levels and at least taking in an adequate amount of daily calories. Wishing you all the best!

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 10:10am
I wish you the best to get through this. You have to realize that everyone goes through stuff at least once or twice or more in their lives. I don't know what it's even about but no matter what it is you need to take care of number 1... which is yourself. Its summer get outside and get off the bed. Sunlight is always good and take some of these people's suggestions about trying some new activities. Keeping busy with something always helps to take the mind off of whatever is bothering us. And as you stay busy doing things your appetite will come back. My thoughts for strength will be with you!
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jul 7, 2013 2:18am
via iOS
Eat lots of carbs, protein shakes inbetween meals, pb&j sandwiches. Eating anything and everything is fine as long as you are still working out. Hope everything is better or getting there.
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jul 7, 2013 4:36am
via Android

Eat eat eat. I know you said you lose your appetite but eat everything you can. Seriously. I have a good friend trying to gain weight and his best option is eating everything he can. Bulk it up. Eat like 5 meals a day and load up on carbs right before bed. That way you have energy for the next day for whatever activities you have going on. If you want any more advice let me know. Like I said, I have a good friend with the same problem and he is doing good now. He's went from 195 to 222lbs.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51