Getting stronger, not bigger

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
31 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 4:47pm
via Android

There comes a time where your body realizes your work out routine and stops bulking muscle but rather defining it, toning them to easily do your work out. This is when you stop gaining so to speak and start getting stronger. If you're not sore even a little after a work out, or tired, you're either not giving 100% or your body has gotten used to the routine and no longer needs to gain mass to compensate. If this happens, change what you do when you lift or work out, muscle confusion is one of the best things you can do to continue to grow, keep your body guessing!! Hopefully this helped someone!

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 5:58pm
via Android

I dont really agree on all. But yes if you dont get the results you desire you should try something else

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 12:18am
via Android

I have that problem

Image_thumb
47 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 12:36am
via Android

thanks for the tips

Image_thumb
84 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 1:10am
via Android

Is that a good idea for me right now? I'm pretty much a newbie at the gym as far as weight lifting goes. I've been going about 5-6 days per week(for a few months) switching off legs and arms on different days and always doing cardio. I just go in and do whatever, I don't have a set workout routine... Just wondering if you could offer some advice. Thank you.

10 Jul
you can ask the gym trainer for the advice know !!!! , they will check your strength and according to that they will give you good advice .... :-)
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 4:43am
via Android

My soccer coach wants  me to increase by 5 pounds every 3 gym work outs. It feels like he wants to get bigger nd stronger but i want to get stronger. How to do tht nd not make him mad

13 Jul
Hnmm that sounds weird for a soccer coach to ask, for soccer i assume youd work on your legs which just by running or squats will get you stronger but try not to do heavy weight and say youd rather be tone than have big bulky legs
13 Jul
Ikr. Ik the highest thing i can do it is squats is like 65 lbs nd leg extentions 60-70 pounds
13 Jul
That sounds pretty good, if you feel like its too heavy lower it a little say like 10-15 lbs and do higher reps...do a lot of lunges and calf raises, that'll help your speed and leg control.
13 Jul

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51