Working out but gaining weight?!?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jul 7, 2013 8:34pm
via iOS
I just started a new work out and diet regimen on Friday. This seems to keep happening to me every time I try to lose weight. I will work out consistently for a week and end up gaining weight and then get discouraged and give up. Why am I gaining weight even though I'm working out? When I work out I typically run on the treadmill and also do some body sculpting classes. It's gotten to the point I don't even want to weigh myself anymore because I expect good results and then I get let down.
07 Jul
Don't get discourage it sounds like you're doing great on the sculpting which is causing to gain muscle mass especially if your diet consists of high protein intake...keep fighting don't give up
07 Jul
dont focus on weight. muscle weighs more than fat. focus on how you feel, how you look.
12 Jul
Well I'm 5ft 3in and I gained weight as well. The weight I gained wasn't fat weight but it was muscle weight. The more I worked out the more muscle I built. Muscle mass is higher than fat mass so that may be why you gained weight.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jul 7, 2013 8:58pm
via iOS
I know I probably shouldn't be looking into it so much but I'm 5'2 and 142 lbs I can't really afford to gain any weight. It's so weird too because everyone says I don't look it. My body is strange lol
Image_thumb
84 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 1:05am
via Android

One thing I've learned is every lb of muscle you gain you will actually burn 70-75 more calories per day. I changed my diet/workout routine up and so far I'm seriously seeing the benefits. I've been stuck around 185 lbs now for several months doing strictly cardio. But I've recently took up weight lifting as well and I've already noticed the difference. Just remember muscle burns fat and it weighs more than fat.

Icon_missing_thumb
57 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 1:52am
via iOS
It could just be water weight, it happens to me but it will go away. Try detoxing your body
Image_thumb
61 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 2:37am
via Android

It could either be water weight or you could just be gaining muscle. Try googling on how to get rid of water weight. Hope I helped!! If you have anymore questions just ask!!

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 7:27am
via iOS
Diet is key to losing weight. Working out is barely half. Change your diet completely, make sure it's full of low calorie foods. Have enough carbohydrates to sustain a workout but make sure you burn more than you eat.
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 12:05pm
via iOS
I haven't lost as much as I would have liked but I did take my measurements last week and this week and I'm down 8 3/4 inches and gained an inch in my bicep. 

I think it's very important to also take measurements so you can still see how your body is changing even when the number in the scale doesn't reflect it. 
09 Jul
Yeah I took some measurements the other day hopefully they will be more encouraging lol
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 2:59am
via iOS
So far I still have not lost any weight that I know of. I took yesterday and Monday off to recoop from a cold. Today I went harder than ever with Zumba for 50 minutes and Yoga for another 60 minutes. I am not gonna let my lack of weight loss unmotivated me. I can see small changes to my body already.

Also I've been tracking my food intake via myfitnesspal. If anyone wants to add me my username is heymonxo. I don't think it's my food in take that is the problem with my weight loss. I've been staying on track. 
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 3:33am
via iOS
To save you some time, take time to and click on this link http://buildthechampions.com/elevate/pages/productmenu.html watch the video and after that go to my website to start your complete diet with my 24 day challenge package. The link is http://www.advocare.com/130451173 and this will help lose weight. I know this because this what my clients use as well. If you have any question let me know.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51