Need motivation please

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 7:48pm
via Android

So...i was on this birth control that made me gain 20 pounds! I tried to lose the weight while still on the shot, eating healthy and working out at least 5 times a week, and only lost 4 pounds in a matter of 3 months of this. So i was suggested to do a cleanse, searched around and then tried the "lemonade master cleanse" did that for 3 days and only lost 1 pound. Started getting depressed about the weight gain, finally chosing to switch my birth control method. The other birth control is now out of my system and im ready to start my workout/diet again. But, im having a hard time getting back into it, thinking im not gonna see the results i want to like last time. Anyone wanna give me some tricks that helped motivate you to get into shape, or even just yell at me haha tell me to just suck it up. :D

12 Jul
I'm on the shot right now & i kept eating as normal, and in about 2 weeks, i gained 10 pounds! I have been doing 2 or 3 of these workouts only for 2 nights & i have already lost 2 lbs!
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 8:22pm
via Android

I refuse to do hormonal bc ever again because it screwed my body up so bad I had the same problem as you when I was probably 19 or 20. Anyway after I got off it I lost the weight easily. Just watch your calorie intake and stay active, you'll do fine.

11 Jul
Thanks, i know everybodys different when it comes to that kinda stuff. I just hope i can get this weight off quicker now that im off the shot.
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 8:39pm
via iOS
I gained 30 lbs in one yr on the Norplant. Implant in your arm, I refused to use any for of be after that. It does take time for the hormone levels to go back to normal, but if you started another pill you could have the same situation. 

I make sure I take measurements along with weigh in, causes there's just sme weeks you will gain water weight, but you will lose 10 inches, for me to see a lose in either area is important and motivating to me to keep pushing forward. 

Try to clean up your eating as much as possible. I know on bc I wanted to eat any and everything, especially junk. 

----------------------

Ok now get off your butt and do a workout or 2 :) hehe
11 Jul
Yeah i gained the 20 pounds in like 5 months, and the doctor told me id see some weight gain so thats why i started eating healthy and working out when i was on the shot and still gained all that weight. Now im on the pill, and i dont have any of the crazy side effects the shot had. So im gonna give it another try and get this weight off. Stupid birth control!! Haha, thanks for the advice though. I should measure myself this time too instead of just on the scale. I did get crazy cravings too....
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jul 17, 2013 3:27pm
via Android

I went through the same thing. I can not use any type of female bc. I've tried so many different types they made me gain weight and made me super sick. They really messed up my body Continue working out and choose what is best for you.

Also when you feel like quitting tell yourself, "I'm not a quitter. I won't give up."

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Jul 17, 2013 7:42pm
via iOS
Go to my profile view topics started and view the topic 100 ways to stay motivated

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51