Motivation for a 45yr old mom

19 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jul 20, 2013 10:59pm
via Android

I used to LOVE exercise. I was a dancer for half my life. Im tired all the time and my body isn't reacting like it used to. Im feeling so old. My former trainer last year used to tell me that I should be a trainer.....ha, & now i just want to sleep.

25 Jul
Dat same thing happened 2 my mom she was vitamin D deficient. U could go 2 the & get ur vitamin levels checked. U just might could take B12 for energy!
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Jul 20, 2013 11:12pm
via Android

I'd say see a doctor. They might be able to give you answers. It could be a change in nutritional needs, could be stress/anxiety, or even something else.
If you are eating right, managing your stress, sleeping right, not over doing your workouts then there are other factors that a doctor might be able to help with.

20 Jul
Thanks. Unfortunately i lost my insurance. Also, I do have a severely handicapped son 13 & a son 9 that I care for alone. But i have been for most of their lives. My exhusband left 9 yrs ago. People say it's age or perimenopause but i know women my age that are amazing. Thanks for posting. Im new here.
20 Jul
I'm no expert but by what you just said it could be related to stress. Even if nothing has changed recently it could just be from running yourself ragged for too long. Maybe while your children are at school, take some 'me' time. Try some activities that help you unwind. It might be meditation, going for a hike or even just some window shopping therapy. It depends on what works for you and you might need to try a few things before you find the one that works for you. For me its watching the beach waves or going for...
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 21, 2013 1:14pm
via Android

Hey young lady, doesn't say if you are still working out? Maybe you don't have the time or the motivation! Try making everyday things into little exercise sessions. For example do some deep knee bends while brushing your teeth or doing your hair. Do some counter pushups while doing dishes ect. Use your imagination and alowly get back into a fitness life style. Take your time make exercise and fitness a habit. Being a former dancer it shouldn't take you to long to get back into it we all know its better for us, helps with stress and we rest better good luck.

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 1:54pm
via Android
Ok. Wasn't easy BUT Idid it. I worked out!!! Hard to get motivated at home. But i put on ankle and wrist weights and my favorite music,got out my stepper hand wts and a matt.... and an HOUR later I had circuit trained myself about 440 calories burned. Now, going to leave ankle wts on and do housework. Whew
20 Sep
Keep at it, stay positive, keep in mind how you feel now after the workout......maybe in a cpl months the picture of the crying fairey in front of the moon. Will be a dancing one in front of the sun!
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 2:34pm
via iOS
I'm no Doc. But a bro in my Kingdom Hall suffers from burn-out dat could be it cause he did sooooo many things in his life & they just took a toll on him. I hope u find out wats wrong & get back 2 dancing!
Image_thumb
170 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 2:40pm
via Android

U should probably check a doctor and check ur vitamins it also might be psychological because ur brain controls ur body and I think it's because u feel that u are older then u can not do what u used to do before. U should fight memtaly to

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 3:08pm
via Android

WOW!!! What a slump!!! My motivation is ZERO. I haven't worked out in months!!! I have zero energy!!! I am so discouraged!!! Ugh!! No health insurance to have hormones checked so that's not an option. My discouragement has taken over. I have no one to help me anymore. My life with my disabled son isn't for everyone. If you've read my posts I'm in this alone. I lost family and most of my friends. Not playing the violins...but just reality. Losing health care and my security bc I care for my kids alone has left me in a slump. SORRY! Had to vent and get it out....... my body is aging so fast. I turned 46 a couple weeks ago. I feel like it all hit me at once. Just sooo tired

20 Sep
As far as hormones go google what herbs are good for......type in your symptoms,. Youd be amazed at what herbs will do for you. Not as quick as rx bit cheaper and no ins requierd
Image_thumb
72 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 6:23pm
via Android

Feel free to purge your mind and body of the stresses you face. Most people can relate, to a degree. Keep in mind that being behind in a fight is still better than not putting up a fight, at all.

Image_thumb
104 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 7:24pm
via Android

B vitamins, vitamin d. Start slow build yourself up. Dont be discouraged. The women your age you speak of prob. Havent been through what you have. If you was a dancer once, youll gey back to your old self.

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Oct 26, 2013 1:52pm
via Android
Well its obviously been a while since I've been on here. I've gained age (now I'm 46) and ten pounds!!!! Completely feel awful. Not only did I fall off the workout wagon,it ran me over. Just can't seem to move past all the roadblocks and struggles :( I'm struggling with so many things in life and coming up against so much oposition and no support. I'm certainly NOT asking for 'sympathy' from the few people in my life, that being said...EMPATHY and comfort would be nice..... sorry..... just a lonely life caring for my disabled son and trying to meet the needs of my other son too. I've been eating to find 'comfort', which I'm of course NOT finding.....:(
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Oct 26, 2013 2:15pm
via iOS
Check out my topic on 100 ways to stay motivated. Feel free to post on it so it shows up again to all the other skimble users
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 7:13am

I have lost a lot of weight, but to begin with I had very little motivation. My only motivation was not wanting to feel like crap because of my weak body. So everyday I took it in small steps to change and slowly more and more things improved, the better I began to feel and the more I was motivated to challenge myself to be better. 

So maybe rather than going full hog, 1 hour circuit training with ankle and wrist weights. Maybe start small of just doing 10 minutes a day 3 days a week. I know it's not much, but work it up slowly. You can even make small adjustments to your food and liquid intake by swapping a cup of coffee for a tea, or a soda for a flavoured mineral water. As for food, make portion snack packs, or replace any unhealthy options with healthier options. 

As I said, you don't have to do it all at once, just start small and make more changes as you go. But as some people have said, some vitamins may also help. It depends on what you are lacking in your system, but a little magnesium and vitamin D seemed to really help my sister in law. 

The point is start small, build up what you can do as you'll have better chance of sticking to it, whereas if you go full blast from nothing, you'll burn out a lot faster. 

I know you say you are alone, but as this forum shows, you are not alone, while we may not physically be present, we are there to try to help and support you. It is possible to change, but it doesn't happen overnight. 

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Nov 1, 2013 7:11pm
via Android
OMG!!! I'm 46 now. I hardly did anything since i first wrote this post!! LIFE HIT ME HARD!!! So, two days ONLY of working out again....OUCH!! Not so easy getting back on track at this age!! I miss my dancer's body....i don't recognize me....ugh:(
Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 1, 2013 7:33pm
via Android

Im forty seven. I used to be so tired and i did see a doctor. Check your heart. I was 90 percent blocked and have a stent put in. Now feeling better and working out 3 days a week.

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Nov 1, 2013 10:59pm
via Android
Haven't been on here regularly. Thank you so much. Today was a not so great day.... I've bounced back before after setbacks (& I've had a few hits) this time seems so much harder. I've had a very emotional summer and in just the last month have had a weight gain and COMPLETE LOSS OF MOTIVATION.... I KNOW that everyone has their story of life's hits....I just feel like I have a book!! Not having a pity party... just gets tiring picking up the pieces over and over and over. Now I'm 46 and it feels sad that my 'dreams' haven't come.....
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Nov 1, 2013 11:03pm
via Android
Sorry... just keeping it real... not always pretty.... I miss the former me.... the dancer... the goofy me.... the fit me.... the young me..... goodnight everyone
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Nov 1, 2013 11:19pm
via Android

Be confident..positive and think of how much more Fun of a mom you will be in shape

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Nov 2, 2013 11:38pm
via Android

thank you....I tried that today I went rollerskating!!!! First time in THIRTY YEARS!! I started out just taking my son. Was planning on sitting with my oldest and WATCHING my youngest.... next thing I knew I was renting skates I did ok... for a while....THEN FELL twice in 15 minutes. That was it...BUT thank God they still have the regular four wheel skates or it could've been worse. I looked up skating and I burned 800 calories!!! I hurt everywhere.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Nov 3, 2013 4:47am

Way to go! Bet you had some fun though and your child would have enjoyed it too!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51