Curious

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 6:52pm
via iOS
I run 4-5 times a week. I have also started lifting. When I run I usually run between 3-5 miles. Is it better to run before or after lifting? Does it matter? If so, why?
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 7:17pm
via iOS
I am running to slim down. I wouldn't say that I lift "heavy" I am only really looking to increase strength and tone rather than to get bigger.
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 7:25pm
via iOS
Yes. I am at a point where I need to drop 20 more pounds. Which is where the running comes in. I may start changing it up so that I run 2 times a week, swim once and ruck once. But as I said I am also looking to increase strength and definition. Once I am happy with my weight, I may lean more toward lifting. But at this point in time I am trying to find an equal balance.
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 8:02pm
via iOS
Given what you have just suggested I am pretty much doing the right things. The only real adjustments I have to make are to my exercise routine. I've been eating clean for alittle over a month and I have dropped 10 pounds. Since dropping the weight, I started lifting. My goal as I said is to drop 20 more. But, of course I would be satisfied if I didn't drop much more as long as I am replacing fat with muscle. I do have an above average protein intake but I don't take any suppliments, I am not a fan of them. I will adjust my routine as you suggested every 2 weeks and track my transformation and adjust as needed from there. As of right now my calorie intake is 1600 a day based off my activity level.
22 Jul
We have a market nearby that claims to sell only organic. Is organic typically more expensive or around the same in price?
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 8:16pm
via iOS
27 yrs old, 5'6" and I currently weight 190 lbs. since I have begun tracking my calorie intake at 1600 I have been losing weight. Do you see that as being too high or too low?

That would be the only issue I have with buying organic. I am a full time student with a family. So we don't have much room for extra spending. I do however eat as clean as possible.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51