Eating right?

2 posts | Original | Recent
8 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 7:44pm
via Android

Okay so i hear different things all the time about eating, i just really want to know what should i be eating in the mornings...i never really know what to eat. I also hear not all fruit is good cause the sugar. Can some one who eats healthy please enlighten me on their eating habits

22 Jul
Hi. :-) There's no cookie cutout diet that works for everyone. You have to find what works for you. But even so there are some basics that most (not all, but most) people living a healthy lifestyle (not dieting) can agree on. Here's my 10 rules. Again, this is what works for me and keeps me healthy.
22 Jul
Okay, i don't weigh much at all and my mom loves to cook Mexican food almost every day, you know with tortillas. And its probably my biggest temptation, but im really trying to eat more fruits and foods with no grease.
18 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 8:26pm
via iOS
Sorry. Don't know what happened there. Anyway, my top ten list from research, training, and advice.
1. Water. Water. And more water. Try to drink half your body weight in oz. Don't waste your calories on drinks. 
2. Eat within the first hour of waking up.
3. Unless your carb cycling or in a cutting phase and serious cutting carbs, breakfast (ex: oatmeal, ezekiel bread) and 30 min before a workout (brown rice cake or banana) is best time to eat carbs. 
4. On the topic of carbs, while some veggies have more carbs and some fruits do too, when it comes to the breads, pastas, cereals, forget anything that is processed, is made of white flour, and has added sugar. Swap it for brown rice, sweet potato, whole grain, spelt, or sprouted breads. Your body NEEDS carbs, just the right ones and when you eat them is so important (see above).
5. No late night snacking. Stop eating 3 hours before bed.
6. Eat 5-6 full small meals a day spread out about every 3 hours. 
7. Fruit should be kept to your first two meals and chose fruits that multitask with nutrients. And veggies should color almost every plate. The really pretty vibrant ones. :-)
8. Protein. And while yes alot of things have protein added, stick to things that are meant to be protein sources (chicken, fish, turkey, eggs, beans)
9. Eat fat. Good fat. Fat is not bad. But eat the right fats. Healthy fats from avocado, nuts, virgin olive oil, fish (check the Internet for more info) are soooo good for you. Just learn your portion.
10. Finally, steer clear of "sugar free", "fat free"... That screams chemically loaded.
22 Jul
I really like this thanks alot. And i love pastas, i think that is going to be the hardest for me, but i can do it xD
22 Jul
I hope that helps. And as a sample, I rotate my breakfast choices with: Oatmeal, egg and egg whites -or- sprouted grain pancakes and strawberries -or- egg and egg white omelet with spinach and broccoli and slice of Ezekiel bread.... Those are just some examples. :-)
22 Jul
And on the eggs, boiled or scrambled
22 Jul
Okay, this really helps out alot. Time to go grocery shopping :)
22 Jul
Either one is fine. I like to hard boil then when I have oatmeal. I eat one full egg and three more whites. And, yes, you can do it. Start out slow and make changes you can live with so you don't go into withdrawal and binge! Lol I LOVE pasta myself. And sometimes I'll chose that as my Saturday cheat meal. There's nothing wrong with the occasional treat. You don't want to run away a a birthday party because there's a cake staring you in the face. :-) eat a small piece, enjoy it and be done. Your eating...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51