Home from kilimanjaro

2 posts | Original | Recent
20 Posts
Jul 24, 2013 4:44pm
via Android

I returned home last week from kilimanjaro. The country is amazing as well as the people. I feel so very lucky to have had the amazing opportunity. In terms of how it went i worked so hard in preparation for going to the mountain raised £4000 for help for heroes charity. I never struggled fitness wise I wasn't sore or out of breath i took it slow and was determined. I was however struck with altitude and ended up with cerebral edema and was 1000 metres from the top but I was also 30 mins from possible death. When I returned to Scotland i was later admitted to hospital with a suspected clot on the brain. I am now out of hospital feeling much better and looking at my next challenge. I had the most life changing experience for good reasons and for bad.

24 Jul
Great to hear
24 Jul
Good Job
24 Jul
But glad it didnt get worse
24 Jul
Glad ur alright :-) and had a good time
25 Jul
Nice to hear that you are ok and ready for your next challenge:-)
5 Posts
Jul 24, 2013 7:40pm
via Android

Firstly glad that you are ok. Well done on raising the money for such a great cause.
Shame it didn't go quite to plan.
What's the next challenge?

24 Jul
Thank you:-). This year I have tough mudder and 3 marathons. Next year I'm pre registered for iron man. Also looking at the Great Wall of China and a cycle from lands end to John o groats.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51