Hurt knee :/

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 11:45pm
via Android

So yesterday when i was running my knee started hurting, I'm thinking maybe bc it's my second day and im putting to much strain on it, i started running since i was 11, and stopped in high school, i remember some times my knee would hurt. Idk if i should be worried about it, like not runn so much, but damn i like to run. Let me know what y'all think

25 Jul
Your knee might just be out? Go to the chiropractor maybe they can help.
25 Jul
I've never gone to one of those.
25 Jul
But i could, i live in a small town idk if they have one here lol
26 Jul
Hello! :-) I feel you on the "...but I love to run!" I do too. What Ryan H. said is true. Pay attention to the way you run. Sometimes when interval running your form can slack a little. Try not to stretch cold, and a knee compression wrap really helps. And one more thing, when was the last time you got new running shoes?
26 Jul
Hey :) i think it might be how hard i hit the ground. It has to be. Your not suppose to strech cold? I kinda figured lol but i like the way it feels when my muscles get stretched lol. I'm weird. Thanks for ur advice too :)
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 11:56pm
via Android
Oh :/ just ice it. My knee hurts a lot all the time as well. And I just ice and wrap it. It works :)
25 Jul
Ohhh okay that i can do ;) thanks bunches
25 Jul
Only for twenty minutes though
26 Jul
Ok 20 :)
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 11:58pm
via Android
Welcome hun
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 12:10am
via iOS
Pay attention to the way you run. Your form could be alittle off. Your knees and feet could be landing incorrectly. If that is not the case you could look into a compression sleeve for your knee(s). That is what I use and I love it. My knee is considerably less sore following my runs. Also, ice should be used in cases where there is swelling. If there is no swelling, just pain, you should use a heating pad. You want to maximize the blood flow to the affected area, the cold from the ice will actually constrict your veins and slow blood flow. So ice for swelling, heating pad for pain. You may also want to consider stretching and knee/ankle rotations before and after runs. Hope this was helpful and good luck.
26 Jul
It might be the way i run. How do i get my form better? Ill try tonight, and ill let u know. And no swelling its just pain
26 Jul
It isn't easy to correct form. Most people do not know they have bad form until they have already developed a habit. You can start by making sure you land heal first and roll your foot through to your toes and push off, rather than landing flat on your foot. When you land flat you add excess abuse up your leg. Your legs may be quite sore after running with this new technique but don't give up. Also, be sure you have the proper shoes. Posture is important as well, no slouching. Try with these tips and adjust from there...
26 Jul
Okay ill try, i hope i start doing it right. Cause idk about y'all but i get a runners high and i like it
26 Jul
Maybe when I am in alittle better shape I will get a runners high. At this point I hate running lol. I force myself to run 3-4 days a week. My goal is to run the Boston marathon next year as well as compete in a spartan race!
26 Jul
Lol i don't have to run much to feel it. Marathon huh??? Cool
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 12:10am
via Android

Tbh this question is impossible to answer. Could be so many things. From running technique to range of motion from the ankles to hips or just something not being correct in your knees...

Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 12:16am
via iOS
My right knee usually always hurts after doing leg exercises and whatnot as well. I always stretch and shake it out before and after I workout.
26 Jul
Same here it's my right knee, i swear there is always something that's wrong. Grrrr
26 Jul
Yeah I think it might be because I'm naturally a right person so I probably just use my right limbs more than my left.
26 Jul
That make sense why it would be your right! Lol
26 Jul
Yeah maybe we just need to use our left legs more to keep the strain equal lol.
26 Jul
Bahaha yeaaaa deff goin to try
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 3:29am
via iOS
Hope your knee feels better soon!!:)
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 11:10am
via iOS
It could be so many different things depending on where it hurts, and whether you injured it or it is chronic. Try I ring it after your workout, and get it checked out. Good luck!
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jul 29, 2013 10:50am
via iOS
How is that knee of yours holding up?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51