Rappa D!!! Have a question!!! But anyone can answer...

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jul 27, 2013 12:52am
via Android

Doing 2 moderate to intense cardio workouts to prepare for a few races coming up. Some of the cardio is aerobic, some anaerobic. I can't do the workouts back to back but I do them within about an hour and a half of each other because I only want one shower because I'm a girl with long hair. I do one workout four days each week, the other six days each week. I would like to get in some weight training and some yoga. Best way to maximize my efforts without killing myself?? And best weight training to do??

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Jul 27, 2013 4:10am
via Android

Hi Laura,

Do body weight exercises. And do them the Bulgarian way. Very few reps with loss of sets. Reps in a set = Max capacity reps ÷ 2 or 3. This will enable you totrain the muscle groups everyday.
By the way, if you are training for an event, the best way is to do it more. Like if you want boxing strength, box.
Hope this helps.
You may also check out my posts.
Happiness to you !!

27 Jul
Thank you!! That's great!!
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jul 27, 2013 11:40am
via Android

Still got a few questions!

What kind of race(s)?. And just discripe your training routines. Makes it easier to understand what it is you need to do to be prepared.

Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jul 27, 2013 1:03pm
via Android

5K in Sept, tough mudder in Oct, 10K in Nov, 1/2 in Dec.  Well, that's the plan.  Doing long distance run or walk/run 3 days/wk with a forth day running short distance/faster speed.  Doing Insanity 6 days/wk as I have been told it's a great way to prepare for a tough mudder.  After I finish these two programs I will begin my 1/2 training, which I believe is 3 days long distance, 2 days short, 2 days walk/run??  No, there's a rest day somewhere.  I don't have it with me to look at.  No weight training routine.  I weight train, there's just no routine.  No yoga routine but I have a yoga app to use if I don't have anthing specific.  Really want to be able to do every challenge in the tough mudder and I know my upper body is week.

01 Aug
Hi laura i have a friend on skmble she did tough mudder b4 she did tm at Aus sydney her name is linda F u can look on my fallow ppl she has picture of her at tm event
01 Aug
Ok cool, thank you!!! I will look her up.
01 Aug
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jul 29, 2013 11:55am
via Android

Oke laura.

I am not the best running coach tbh. Im not so experienced with preparing for longer distance runs races. But i think i can help you with your though mudder. Gonna check whats all in it before putting extra info up hehe

29 Jul
Thanks!!
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Jul 30, 2013 9:29am
via Android

Hey if u going to do long distance u dont need much wieght training just core wotkout trust me with out a strong core ur legs can only take u so far.i love 5k marathons it help me reach my mile goals and build endurance.

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 6:55pm
via Android

Laura iv send you a pm with some extra questions!

31 Jul
Ok... as soon as I figure out how to check it I will...
31 Jul
Haha i know you can check easy on the site.
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Aug 11, 2013 12:04am
via Android
Check your pm

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51