How to avoid snacking!

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 28, 2013 3:29am
via iOS
At the end of the day, I go crazy over a bag of chips/pistachios/anything crunchy!
How do you steer away from those munchies?
29 Jul
make an alternative one like raisins...u can still munch some chips but control yourself with moderation
29 Jul
An alternative to chips is, dried seaweed. No calories, and still satisfies the salty cravings.
01 Aug
Brush your teeth
01 Aug
Dried seaweed.... Yuckkkkkk
01 Aug
Have you tried pop chips or baked chips? Fewer calories but they can fill your craving.
Image_thumb
93 Posts
Jul 28, 2013 3:35am
via iOS
Snacking is good.  Just throw out all unhealthy snacks and only have healthy snacks ready.  Look for the post on here called "44 Healthy Foods Under $1" for ideas.
28 Jul
Thanks Phil!
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 28, 2013 11:22pm
via Android

Same here! I'll go an entire day feeling full and satisfied by my usual healthy diet but then almost always crave a snack at night. So I do one of two things-

1. Make sure I have healthy snacks around for these occasions (like pistachios)

2. Eat a smaller portion during dinner since I'm destined to be hungry later regardless

Hope this helped  

02 Aug
Thank you for the tip! I've been definitely eating less for dinner and having a handful of blueberries afterwards. Noticing some change:)
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Jul 28, 2013 11:59pm
via iOS
You named of everything I love. I could for real eat a whole bag of chips with out blinking. But I get my salt fix I eat a lof nuts. I also like carrots and ranch. I know I know ranch is pretty bad but it's so damn good!
02 Aug
Ranch is so good! I found guilt-less guac in Trader Joe's to be a good substitute for me.
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Jul 29, 2013 6:16am
via iOS
. Find a healthy alternative that's similar.. As long as you keeping track of your calories. If Snacking will make you exceed your daily calorie intake then drink water or eat an apple.. But if you have an urgent craving I will suggest you cut down slightly during the day on your calories so you will have an excess amount of calories which you can cover up on with your healthy snack alternatives
29 Jul
At the end of the day
02 Aug
Thanks for the tip on calories! I stopped counting calories half a year ago after realizing it's hard to measure my intake everyday. For now, I am just going with estimates.
08790_small_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 29, 2013 6:39am
via Android

I find it's about habit. Set yourself a target to go one week without unhealthy snacks. Allow yourself fruit as an alternative. Remove the unhealthy ones and make sure there is fruit available. When you have got through a week go for the month.

02 Aug
I started a challenge since Friday last week for no unhealthy snacks. I am almost there! If I succeed, I'm making it to a lifetime healthy commitment. Habits are so powerful
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 29, 2013 11:37pm
via iOS
When I watch TV I eat sunflower seeds because your feel that you are eating alot of food but you are really eating a small bit. And if that doesn't work, drink a bottle of water in small portions. It helps. :D
02 Aug
Thanks for the water tip! Are sun flower seeds less energy dense?
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 30, 2013 12:14am
via iOS
I have a habit of snacking after dinner, which is probably the worst part of the day to snack.  I find if I do something to keep my mind occupied after dinner/before bed it helps me.  Like reading or playing with my kids, etc.
02 Aug
As I am reading this, I'm tucked in my bed listening to music! Distraction does help
Photo_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 10:06am
via iOS
Even though I have no junk food at home, and no easy acess to junk / restaurant food, i haven't got quite used to it and have cravings. Instead of fighting it, the best thing to do is find something that's healthy that satisfies you. I just discovered baking in a mug which takes 2 min! I use wheat /oats - no butter or oiland lots of nuts, honey and raisins. You can also try to bake some whole wheat savory crackers and have it with homemade salsa. I would recommend the trouble of making homemade snacks so you have full control with making it as healthy and guilt-free as possible 
02 Aug
I never thought about making my own snacks! Thank you for giving me the idea
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 2:25pm
via iOS
I try to snack on fruits and nuts if anything
02 Aug
Fruits yes!!:) I love unsalted but my problem is with portion control
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 9:44pm
via iOS
If you are feeling snacky try as hard as you can to steer yourself away if you possibly can't I suggest fruit nuts bread or protein bars
02 Aug
I've tried lalabars and they really filled me up!
Image_thumb
170 Posts
Aug 4, 2013 5:21am
via Android

Drink alot of water chew gum try to eat some vegetables to sray full

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Aug 4, 2013 1:53pm
via iOS
Basically it's one rule: no packing in the kitchen's closet then no snacking . So u gotta prevent yourself from buying the things you think can be eaten as a snack and would ruin your diet.
Image_thumb
122 Posts
Aug 4, 2013 2:21pm
via Android

The nuts are good for u. Snack away if u chose something healthy.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51