Kinda stressed...

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 2:44am
via iOS
So, I've gone down from 164 to 15Ibs. My weight loss goal is 145Ibs.

My parents think  I'm too young to count calories...I'm 26!!
I do not starve myself. I do love food. It's just I'm careful how much I eat and make sure i don't go over my total calorie intake.
I do love my parents very much. I'm grateful to have a good relationship with them. It's just when it comes to the topic of calories......I'm ready to pull my hair out

Any tips?

31 Jul
Do you think they're concerned you may be on drugs? A lot of people assume that when someone loses weight. Beyond that if they're just concerned you're becoming to skinny, maybe show them a chart showing the healthy weight for a person of your height. It's so weird how people freak when someone is losing weight. Anyway, good luck!
31 Jul
No no I'm not on drugs. I am losing the healthy way. I'm more aware of what I eat now because before getting serious about my health, I didn't realize how much ate. It's nice to know that I'm getting somewhere health wise. The point I'm making is my folks thinking I'm too young to count calories. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with them...I just choose not eat too much.
31 Jul
I had a lot of health issues when I was weighing 164. From hormonal troubles to eczema flare ups so as a result I was on 6 different prescribed meds. As soon i decided to get healthy and watch what i eat, and work out, my medication intake lessened. I apologize for any confusion. I think on one of the posts I did mention the reason I got healthy because I was on too many meds...it's was prescribed...believe me I hate taking meds...
31 Jul
Oh no I wasn't asking if you were on drugs! I just meant that's what your parents might be worried about. It seems an odd thing for them to worry about you counting calories and being healthy so I thought maybe they were concerned about something they didn't really want to talk to you about. I have a friend whosr parents did the same thing war the only reason I thought that might be it.
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 4:29am
via iOS
Just let them know you're glad they care about you, but you're an adult who cares about fitness and that tracking calories is a HUGE part of staying fit! If they just can't understand, just don't eat or broach the topic of food with them.
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jul 31, 2013 12:29pm
via iOS
Thanks Caroline. I will try.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51