35 year old father of 5, lacking motivation, support and most of all...TIME

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Aug 4, 2013 11:23am
via iOS
I have 5 beautiful blessings that I wanna see grow older and start families of their own. Age ranges from 12 down to 5. I work 12 hour shifts from 7pm to 7 am. I'm needing someone in the same boat that could partner up and hold each other accountable for our fitness goals. I need to lose about 40 lbs to be where I wanna be! Whose up for it?
04 Aug
U ever think about teaming up with your kids? U may be surprised at how much they could help, especially if any are in sports. :-) plus with those long shifts u won't lose out on time with them if u include them rather than just going to the gym. Like ride bikes with the five yo run with your (if any do) soccer player etc
04 Aug
Oh we do play! My boys are both active in baseball, my girls though, they are the dancers! We all have fun together, it just doesn't seem to work! My 6 yo son has even began lifting weights with me!
04 Aug
Krisztina, thank you for offering to help!!
04 Aug
Will do! He likes to grab a 2.5 lb plate and mimmicks what I do!
04 Aug
I will definitely keep that in mind!
Icon_missing_thumb
111 Posts
Aug 4, 2013 7:44pm
via Android

First,  your diet. Watch your carbs. You probably eat too many. Easy, I do too.
Second, soda, coffee, most juices, ... forget they exist.  They're not for us, you & me.
Third, 12hr shifts suck, but your working, providing for your blessings. (I like that.) Start with some simple no-weight calisthenics during breaks or after work.
Muscle tone, endurance work (the best you can manage) are important, but your money should be on the diet.
Good luck!

Image_thumb
389 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 5:48pm
via iOS
John go to my profile and its one of the topics I created. We stay pretty close to the top of the forum cause we are chatty :) 
Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 5, 2013 6:03pm
via Android

Can you lose belly fat and keep thick and throned thighs and a lot of people tell me that you can get a toner butt by doing squats is this true?

Icon_missing_thumb
111 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 6:18pm
via Android

Caffeine... metabolism accelerant. If I burn through all the calories I eat before I exercise, then I've no energy for my workout later.
If I caffeinate daily, I'm burned out by day 5 of my 20 day exercise cycle.

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 6:23pm

Thought I would throw my 2 cents in the ring...

I'm a single father of 2 at 40 and I find that when my son joins me, it makes it so much easier.  He's a real trooper and we motivate one another.  Granted we get up at 6am to do the Insanity but he's doing it and we keep each other going.  We are in week #4 and still going.

Time is tough.. I know.  I find myself working out either late at night or early in the morning.. and I try real hard to keep the kids moving.  We go on bike rides and do Just Dance on the Xbox..  Buring more calories than you take in.. that's key.

Good luck man.. and keep doing what you can.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51