Poll: Do you still workout even when you're sick?

29 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 12:43pm
via Android

Wondering how many of you continue to push through your workout even when you're sick. I have a bad sore throat, and wondering if I should rest and get better, or bust through my workout. I workout every single day, and I'd hate to miss some days, but I will if it's better for me to rest. Thanks!

05 Aug
Rest,listen to ur body. I am not feeling well right now,but later i will do light walking &stretching. I usually do beast mode workouts..but today i cannot do it. Always listen to what ur body is saying:-)
05 Aug
Yes always listen to your body.
05 Aug
06 Aug
Not related to your question but I seen your pic...and omg how did you do it? I'm trying to hard to loose weight and can't keep motivated :(
06 Aug
Hi Jessica! I started a diet program through a local business. It's basically all clean eating. I eat egg whites, eggs (limited to 6 a week because of the cholesterol), chicken breast, 1% milkfat cottage cheese, fresh veggies & fruits, very low carb. All foods are fresh. Only seasoning I use is Mrs. Dash (no sodium). Absolutely no cheat days for me either. I take fish oil 3x a day. And portion control is a major thing as well. Hope that helps! Message me if you need more specifics :)
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 12:57pm
via Android

Nope.

Image_thumb
63 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 1:12pm
via Android

Never , u should recover before u start workout again.

P1000753-001_thumb
29 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 1:13pm
via iOS
No
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 2:18pm
via Android

Thanks everyone. I do all my workouts from home, so I'm not exposing anyone at a gym. I will be taking a few days off until I feel better. I appreciate all of your responses!

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 4:37pm
via iOS
I normally do toning when I'm sick
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 6:11pm
via iOS
When I was in the army a lot of times we had to. Sometimes I had no choice if I had to prepare for a coarse. But really your body does need some rest in the beginning but my general rule is if your fever is gone, it's time to get some exercise I like sweating things out as well. Makes me feel like all the poison gets washed out lol some type of placebo affect. But just a light walk is still exercise. So I try something like that if I'm really hurting.
05 Aug
Thanks Corey, I appreciate your advice! Maybe I'll go for a walk later. :-)
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 6:31pm
via Android

Yes.

05 Aug
But if it was really bad, then I'd make sure to make it up afterwards.
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 6:49pm
via iOS
ofcourse! 
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 7:57pm
via iOS
When I was in the army a lot of times we had to. Sometimes I had no choice if I had to prepare for a coarse. But really your body does need some rest in the beginning but my general rule is if your fever is gone, it's time to get some exercise I like sweating things out as well. Makes me feel like all the poison gets washed out lol some type of placebo affect. But just a light walk is still exercise. So I try something like that if I'm really hurting.
07 Aug
That's good advice, a fever is a good sign to rest :)
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 9:18pm
via Android

You shouldn't work hard but something like walking would be good remember you get sick because of the germs inside

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Aug 6, 2013 6:08am
via iOS
I do. Haha I feel like my day is incomplete if u don't workout, and often it makes me feel a lt least a little better and definitely more accomplished
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Aug 6, 2013 3:31pm
via Android

So I decided to workout (30 Day Shred lvl 3) because I don't have a fever or anything, just a sore throat. And I feel great!! Definitely made me feel accomplished. So I guess unless I'm super sick...I'll stick w/ my daily workouts.

Image_thumb
160 Posts
Aug 7, 2013 5:11am
via Android

Nope that how injuries happen

07 Aug
What type of injuries? I worked out yesterday w/ just a sore throat, and felt pretty great. I certainly don't want any injuries though
07 Aug
You won't get an injury from training with a sore throat :)
07 Aug
Alright! I'm going to keep on shredding! :-)
07 Aug
No injuries. Just if your running a low temp and it could raise.
07 Aug
Thanks guys...I really appreciate everybody's input on this! :-)
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Aug 7, 2013 8:46am
via iOS
Yes
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 7, 2013 1:16pm
via Android

Nope ,not good for health..

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Aug 7, 2013 1:36pm
via iOS
No. Working out when sick puts more stress on the body; you will not recover from either the sickness or the muscle strain easily. It is better to take a few days off and recover completely from the sickness, then to workout and prolong the sickness.
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Aug 7, 2013 1:43pm
via Android

Never

Image_thumb
124 Posts
Aug 7, 2013 2:44pm
via Android

Yes!

Image_thumb
56 Posts
Aug 7, 2013 2:51pm
via iOS
Yes. 

I'm generally only ever sick for one day, my immune system rocks!

I even exercise when injured... I just don't use the injured thing.

Most people think I am a little nuts though 

:) 
07 Aug
Wow! Nice :) I really haven't gotten sick one time since I started my new healthy lifestyle about a year ago! And even now it's only a sore throat. I feel worse when I don't workout! I have fibromyalgia, and exercise really helps keep the pain away!
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Aug 7, 2013 2:55pm
via Android

For the people who DO workout even when you're sick...do you notice your cold/illness hang around longer and get worse, or does working out make you feel betterI worked out yesterday and today and feel decent.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Aug 8, 2013 1:33pm
via iOS
The last week a was ill and I was training and still been ill hahah. Now I rest. 2 days and I'm healthy like a pear!
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Aug 9, 2013 4:04pm
via iOS
That's what I had these past few days and I took some rest to recover.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 9, 2013 4:27pm
via iOS
Very difficult when Dr's cant duagnose you properly.... Went from NCAA D.1 swimmer to casual (whimpy) workouts, its all im capable of now. Never take ur health for granted.
09 Aug
Thanks Matt...sorry to hear about that. Mine was just a sore throat, never got any worse. So that's good. I'm better now, too.
Image_thumb
397 Posts
Aug 9, 2013 5:27pm
via iOS
Yes if its minor

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51