The downside to vacation (yes there is one)

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 7, 2013 11:14pm
via iOS
So I've been in New York and I've literally had to shove myself into a mentality that it's ok to eat the things that are good old NYC eating but it's been a rough guilty feeling afterwards every time (cupcakes, cheesecake, pasta, pizza, etc) I'm losing my progress and it's becoming visible to me. I've lost my strong willpower and I know it can't stay like this for the rest of my time here because I'm just gonna lose everything I've been working on, what are some tips to get back on the fat burning routine (I've been jogging in the park in the mornings) also I'm gonna try to incorporate cross fit workouts 3x a week starting Monday, any good ones? Thanks! Xoxo
08 Aug
Do you kik?
Image_thumb
112 Posts
Aug 8, 2013 12:05am
via iOS
Well I'm from Ny to and I walk ALOT power walks are the best way to get back on track
Icon_missing_thumb
50 Posts
Aug 8, 2013 12:10am
via iOS
It's almost impossible to stick with your normal diet on vacation. First, you don't have a kitchen to prepare your regular meals in, so constant eating out is a must. And food IS part of the experience. How can you go to a place like New York and NOT have pizza and pasta. It's like going to Maine and never having the lobster, or to California and never having a fish taco. So don't be so hard on yourself. Because the stress is just going to make your body store even more of those fat cells. Just grab a salad as a meal once or twice a day to make up for some of those extra carbs, lots of water. And remember that shaking things up like this IS actually great for our bodies. It keeps our bodies guessing and insures that our body never gets comfortable and bored with our routines. Routine brings us to plateau land. It's why I believe so much in carb cycling. Keep working hard!
08 Aug
Wow thank you so much I needed that!
Image_thumb
203 Posts
Aug 10, 2013 12:48am
via Android

Yeah like you I just came back from a vacation in Atlantic city and New York.when I was there I just started lazing around and forgetting my diet but its normal since its a vacation. You have to try things that you normally don't eat . tomorrow I'm going to the gym to get back in tracks and start losing the weight in gain there.

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Aug 10, 2013 2:26am
via Android

It can be hard but doable. It will just require some strenght of mind with the eating. Best advice i can give start with a good clean breakfast. This will temper the urge of just snacking all the great food arround you. And be strict on the menu. Pick whats best for you not always just go for the most delicious :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51