Setting a time range for yourself or doing what you can?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 12, 2013 9:43pm
via Android

Is it better to set a time range of exercise for yourself that you can meet every day even if you can sometimes do more (say 60-90 minutes or whatever meets your capabilities), or to just do what you have the mood for on the day even if it means doing 20 minutes one day and 90 another?

Also do you set your exercise goals by the day or week or anything else? As in do you try to meet a certain limit every day or just a certain amount of rounded up hours by the end of the week?

Image_thumb
456 Posts
Aug 12, 2013 10:12pm
via Android

Hey Shimaa
i think that it depends on ur goals & the type of workouts ur doing..that is, if ur aiming for flixeblity, it my take more than 20min..cuz muscls need to take their time to stretch..but i belive in an average time limit(30-60min a day) cuz effectiveness comes with the correct form, performance &  intensity not by working out for hours..

so, 4 me..15-30min of cardio(running-jump rope..etc) + 10-30min of either abs,weight lifting, or just full body workouts everyday works great & im seening results...sometimes if i don't have time, i do 100 ribs or just 5min of squats-sit ups-push ups-burpees to stay in shape..
i hope i answered ur Q..& i wish u best of luck!!

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 13, 2013 2:28am
via Android

Thanks. I used to do as much as I can which meant I could do 90-120 minutes a day but after a month of fasting (Ramadan) I can't really get myself to do long periods of time as many days as I used to so I'm trying to just set a 60-90 minutes and do them 6 days a week instead of reaching too high. I don't wanna slack off but I guess after months of obsessing about working out you get kind of restless and tired on days.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51