Running Shoes?

19 posts | Original | Recent

Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 6:32am
via Android

I need a really good pair of running shoes and I need some recomendations plz :) I have a high arch foot, I run on grass/tar and no longer than 10-15km when I run :) I don't exactly have a price range but no more than R1800 ($200...£120) Thanks!!

14 Aug
nike id
03 Nov
Dont run and then you dont need running shoes because they don't make a good pair get a pair of walking shoes it's easier on the feet
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 6:53am
via iOS
Any kind of Nike free runs are good. I own a pair of Nike revolution 2. It looks good and is comfortable to run in.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 6:58am
via iOS
You should go to a runningstore and let them advise you! The can have a look at you feet and pace and find you the perfect runningshoe as there are a lot of brands and types around. I've been running on asics myself for some years now and would probably find it hard to run on my old nikes again
14 Aug
Yeah I think I'm going to do that :) My spikes are Asics and I really love the brand as well as Nike though I've never owned a pair of Nike shoes >_<
15 Aug
Since going to running stores I have stayed with asics for almost 4 years. I was a state distant runner in high school. I still run 6 days a week. There expensive but worth it.
Image_thumb
78 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 2:15pm
via Android

I would recommend Adidas. They are great quality and extremely light. I have a pair of Adidas that only weigh 8 oz. each. But if you want a shoe that last longer, try Climacool by Adidas.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 2:32pm
via iOS
I recently got some running shoes at target and theyre amazing and only $30!
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 5:34am
via Android

Asic's aren't as highly advertised as Nike but definitely the best running shoes especially for the price and if you buy any over 75 dollars they are good enough to compete in any competition with.

Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 5:51am
via Android

I went to a sports shop that sells a lot of Brooks items...they suggested I go for the Pure Flow 2 :P I tried it on and it felt very comfortable and it was light but still offered support. Think I should go for it? :) Thnx :)

16 Aug
I've never had a shoe with a really thin sole and if I go straight to that it'll cause injuries...
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 5:57am
via Android

Go for Vibram five fingers. That's the second best.

The best is to go barefoot !

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 6:34am
via Android

You have to first go barefoot. Then you may use five fingers after a few weeks.
You will understand how the human foot is supposed to move only when you go barefoot.
And it's a spiritual experience, to say the least.
Please try it babe. You will thank me for it.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 8:15am
If they feel good and have a good flex on the front part of the shoe then go for it. Without having them in front of me I can't give you a hundred percent opinion but just sure they support your foot, fit well, and are flexible. I just suggested Asic's because it's the shoe that I see a lot of people I know use in marathons. But if you like the pair you see and can afford them and they're light and comfortable you will be fine.
16 Aug
They are actually very flexible in the front and on the Brooks website you can order them for I think about $100? The price is okay for me at this point :P but thx for the help!! :)
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 8:20am
No problem. I wish you the absolute best and if you have any other questions I'm here.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 5:59am
via Android

Asics is what I def recommend..

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 10:04am
via Android

Ive tried some other shoes, but let me say Asics work the best. Have you ever heard of Jordan's Footwear? I brought the Kinsei 4 there for R850. At Sportsmanwarehouse you pay R1799 for them.

Image_thumb
92 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 2:04pm
via iOS
go to a pediatrist, running shoes are very important and finding the right fit for your soles, and arches are vital.  if you cant go then find one of those dr. scholls machines it will tell you where u need what support and research what shoes offer that.  I have to buy new balance mens shoes cause women's don't support my feet right, i have aggravated plantersfasciitis (which just means it is flared up right now lol
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 4:18pm
via Android

Reebok

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 5:24pm
via iOS
Ohhhh i really like nike air max <3 but they're €135.. They look pretty comfy
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 5:34pm
via iOS
Nais
Img952013082395004434_thumb
118 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 6:02pm
via Android

I have been a huge fan of the nike free runs for a while. They have great arch support and are very flexible and light.

Image_thumb
278 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 6:39pm
via Android

Honestly it's all about the inserts,that's what cushions ur foot absorbing shock to ur joints..

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51