Big legs

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 12:08pm
via Android

So I'm putting on some weight and its going on good everywhere but my legs. Anyone got some brutal leg workouts to help me out?

14 Aug
Do squats for 2 minutes, dragon squats for 2 minutes, calf raises for 3 minutes, lunges for 3 minutes. 3x a week. :)
14 Aug
Sounds like a good burn!
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 12:15pm
via Android

Try doin like 20 to 25 squats a day

14 Aug
I've been thinking about that. I'm wondering if I should go heavy on those?
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 10:04pm
via Android

I gues you are working your legs in the gym? What you can do to really help your legs is one of three things.

Increase the load and intensity of your legtrainings.

Train in a upperbody/lowerbody fasion (2 times squatting a week) with atleast one pure upper leg day training.

Go fullbody. 3 times squatting a week. No pure legday training but all this squatting for sure will help your legs.

If you post what you do for your leggs now i and others can see what is best to change!

14 Aug
I work out at home with weights. I'm only about 6 months into to lifting so I'm a rookie if that helps at all. I do a full body 3 times a week with all the compound lifts plus I add at least 3 more sets of different ones to target each area. 1 day is a little lighter with more reps the next is heavier and so on for the third day. I squat every time . Some days I get 50 reps on heavier days not as much . Along with the squat I do lunges calf raises...
15 Aug
Allright. A fullbody with squats in it is great for the legs. You can try to switch the reprange for the squats. What i personally like and what works for me(could be totally different with you) is to keep the squats reps lower but increase the sets. So instead of 3x15 go 6x5. And then go higher in reps on the second leg workout. What this has done for me is give me a more powerfull feeling to my training and in the end reaching the power and energy faillure of the body. It could also be an option to...
15 Aug
I like the idea of more sets less reps. Should I increase the weight tho sense the reps r shorter?
16 Aug
Yea you should be able to go heavier in these repranges.
16 Aug
OK thank u much buddy.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51