Sooo army pt

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
97 Posts
Aug 15, 2013 4:36am
via Android

I just did an army pt practice. Got 53 sit ups ( in two minutes ) and 70 push ups ( in two minutes ) . I'm trying the two mile in under 16 minutes tmrw . And advice from anyone ???

Img952013082395004434_thumb
118 Posts
Aug 15, 2013 4:46am
via Android

I was in the Marine Corps for four years. Best advise is do a practice pt test 3 times a week. Plus pt every day. Thats the best way to improve on that.

15 Aug
I was army 7 years.. Infantry! And I couldn't say it better, perfect advice. Looks like your pt is looking good, just keep at it. Pt tests are pretty much a joke if your in decent shape.
Img952013082395004434_thumb
118 Posts
Aug 15, 2013 4:51am
via Android

Oh and another note work on chest and triceps alot more it will help your max pushups. Good luck bud

15 Aug
Pull ups and chin ups are great for chest and triceps! I think marines have to for pt which I think army should of as well great for upper body.
15 Aug
Yes pull ups are part of our pt test and we have to run 3 miles for our run
15 Aug
See that's awesome.. If the army did that then maybe there would be less shit bags. I do really respect the marines ethic I would of probably gone marine if my dad wasn't an army vietnam vet so I grew up with army.
15 Aug
My dad was in the Army he straight told me. Join the Marines. Lol
15 Aug
Haha that's awesome at least he steered you the right way! I served with some great men. Also at my combat outpost it was just Army and marines infantry, medics and engineers and ya sometimes I wondered, I was in a scout sniper platoon so I did get away from most window lickers but I really liked the disipline from the marines. And damn who wouldn't love your uniforms! Lol
Image_thumb
97 Posts
Aug 15, 2013 7:13pm
via Android

Thank you , I will do just that. That's kind ofwhat I was thinkinof doing. Chest and triceps? Ok . I also heard squats help your form as well?

15 Aug
Squats are always always good! Not the funniest but one of the best core workouts you can do! Plus once you get some real weight on there you feel like a beast. If you dont have the equipment. Do one legged squats, jump squats and lunges. Basic training is full of lunges and burners and you will do push ups like no other so it will be good to be fit anyways to have a good start!
Image_thumb
97 Posts
Aug 15, 2013 9:01pm
via Android

Ok . I wouldn't mind if pull ups were part of the p.t . I already do them every other day . So that would be great. Thanks a,bunch guts this will help me a shit ton .

Icon_missing_thumb
111 Posts
Aug 15, 2013 9:34pm
via Android

Look, with your stats right now, you are ( if I was your coach) on track. Maybe some planks?
Try carrying a five lb. Wgt around in your hands for ten or twelve hours at a time. Good training for carrying M-203's on patrol.

15 Aug
Haha I remember my first deployment to Iraq I carried the SAW with 3 extra barrels and 1200 rounds of ammo
Image_thumb
397 Posts
Aug 15, 2013 9:57pm
via iOS
Do so track work to mix it up from your runs like 100m sprints and 400s

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51