Insanity 60 Day Challenge !

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 10:36am
via iOS
I've decided to stop being lazy and do something about my insecurities. Turn my insecurities into my assets. So I've decided to do the Insanity 60 Day Challenge. I was wondering if there is any men or women out there that have done this. I'm thinking I'm going to do it in the mornings, however, I'm not a morning person. Thinking I want a preworkout supplement, (was looking at Defin8) and a post workout supplement that helps with muscle recovery and helps with the sore muscles as I'm sure there will be plenty. Is there anyone that can help me with deciding what supplements are best? I am looking to lose weight.
17 Aug
Ashley, you go girl, I'd like to congratulate you on taking your first step of many towards a better you! I personally did insanity at the end of 2012 as a way saying hey I've really accomplished something this year! It was amazing and honestly it will work for anyone, no matter what shape your in! Its all about pushing yourself mentally and physically. Its a great workout and a life changer and it makes you feel great all the time, just the pure and saw emotion and intensity of it with Shaun T motivating you all the way! Good...
17 Aug
Sorry had a couple of type o's in my response, I just got so pumped thinking about it! Anyway have a great workout and remember, never give up on yourself! You can do it!
18 Aug
Thanks Carl. I'm doing it for me. For so long I've been killing for those bikini bodies so I'm finally going to really do something about it. It's so good that you guys are getting behind me know what I'm about to put myself through. Dig deep the. Dig deeper. I struggle with the push up jacks the most I think. On the side I think I may need to do some reps of standard push-ups in order to help me get some upper body strength. Thanks again :)
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 4:35pm
via iOS
I'm halfway through the insanity program right now. I'm doing it in the morning and I gotta say I love it. There is nothing like getting your workout done in the am and knowing for the rest of the day that you kicked ass in the morning and its done. Not to mention the raised metabolism for the rest of the day. 
I'm also doing Shakeology as a meal replacement. I have found that I'm cutting pretty well doing that meal replacement and the workouts. Almost to my target BFP nearing 13 from 17 so I'm psyched. 
I have tried the results and recovery from beach body as well. I did like it but didn't continue with it as I found some chocolate milk after a workout worked perfectly for me. Just gotta make sure I don't drink too much. :)
Anyhow. Good luck. It's a good program and its very challenging. Just keep doing your best and push yourself  and listen to your body 
16 Aug
I've got to admit, I'm a little scared. I have your same thoughts about morning workouts, get it over and done with :) however I'm not a morning person. I'm not sure where you are but I'm in Australia and am having trouble finding the P90X recovery and I was looking at Shakeology too. However I'm a little lactose intolerant and I think it's milk based. Is there a difference from men to women on what post and preworkout supplements they should be having? I'm very new to this.
16 Aug
I know they have a vegan version of the Shakeology, but not being lactose intolerant, I generally don't pay attention. sorry. I'm on the West Coast of the US so it's pretty easy for me to get Beach Body products. As far as supplements, I don't take anything special myself. I take a multi vitamin, Omega fatty acids, Super B complex and Glucosamine/MSM/Chondritin (sp?) for joints and connective tissue. Everywhere that I've read info about supplements and such there isn't a HUGE difference between what women and men take. Depending on what your goals are, keep your calories and protein...
Image_thumb
93 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 4:39pm
via iOS
Good luck!  Did it earlier this year and loved it.  Tough on the joints though.  Hardly got sore cause of all the stretching in it.  Take down all of your measurements before you start cause you can probably tone and gain muscle that the scale alone would not see.  Wish I did that cause my weight stayed the same.  Awesome feeling when you're finished with it.  Keep your focus on the end, and stick with it.  Really easy to catch up if you miss a day, too.
16 Aug
I'm really keen to start seeing results. How long did it take you to start seeing them? I'm 167cm and 73kgs. My goal weight is 65kgs. I'm going to do the fit test today (sat) tomorrow (sun) and then start the workouts according to the workout calendar of Shaun T's. in think I'm going to measure everything and weigh before I start. I have a huge problem with getting on the scales everyday. How often should I do that?
17 Aug
Never really paid attention. Just wanted to get through it. Shoot for the month/halfway mark as your milestone to check for results. Just focus on one workout at a time and look to finishing it.
17 Aug
I really found out how unfit I am this morning when I did the Fit Test. Aim for deep and then dig deeper :)
41501_1309989127_5933_n_thumb
20 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 7:03pm
via Android

I take a pre workout called assault and it works well for me and a recovery protein for after to take care of the soreness.

16 Aug
I'll have a look into assault :) thank you. And soreness is something I want to feel but not so sore I can't move :)
16 Aug
Right on. You wanna feel like you did something but not so sore you dont feel like doing it again
16 Aug
That's my thoughts exactly. For some reason I think that I can't do something and back completely out of it. This time, not going to happen !
16 Aug
I do the same thing. I recently started p90x not sure how much different it is from insanity but i still have trouble digging down and finding that extra bit of steam
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 7:14pm
via Android

Sounds intense

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 11:54pm
via Android

I did it for maybe a week, then my schedule messed it up. I did it at night, I slept better and woke up rejuvenated knowing that I looked better. I'd say do it whenever you have the chance.

17 Aug
I did the fit test this morning. I really know how unfit I am now. But I feel amazing after it. I think mornings will be best for me as I think during the day I will convince myself that I'm too 'busy' after work. Dig deep in the mornings, get it done for the day :) how long have you been doing insanity for?
17 Aug
I gave up on it. Try p90x too. My ex used it to get in shape for the national guard. All I have to say is he looked mighty fine.
17 Aug
P90X is a good one too. I have tried that but had to stop for one reason or another... P90X was good for getting more bulky... Insanity is good for getting leaner..
Image_thumb
66 Posts
Aug 17, 2013 4:41pm
via Android

Hello Ashley. As you say your new to supplements make sure u do your research before buying, it's not easy to spend a lot. Bodybuilding. Com have simple introductions into all supplement and ergogenic aids if you have the time. Also the purpose of supplements are counter deficiencies in your diet, so if your not deficient in something don't waste your £. So you want performance enhancers (ergogenic aids).  If you want to be more focused, motivated for exercise there are many pretty workout products out there. As mentioned muscle pharmacy assault is a popular one there are equally as good out there, mostly caffeine based. I've tried assault and it made my face tingle and gave me gastric problems but that maybe individual. An exercise must is creatine, it's the most researched and accepted product in the field, this will help with recovery and it's cheap, use it. Any questions?

18 Aug
I have been looking at a few that I've done some research on. There's a BodyScience Organic Protein supplement that I thought could be good. And there's a few others like defin8 that only have the stimulants but no protein. There's so many and I guess every individual is different. I just don't want to waist the $ :(
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 17, 2013 4:57pm
via Android

Had a couple of type o's in my paragraph, sorry I just got so pumped thinking about those feelings! Good luck

18 Aug
Haha all good :) I can do typo's.
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 6:58am
via iOS
So how goes the Insanity?  I just finished my final day of Core Cardio and Balance in the recovery week. Max is coming and I've heard the second half is the real challenge.
18 Aug
I have just done the fit test yesterday (sat) and today (sun) and then ill follow my insanity calander. So ill do it again tomorrow morning and then starting the Core Cardio. Have to say, I'm a little scared but I just have to get it done in the morning and dig deep then dig deeper. I'm really pumped. I want a bikini body so bad. I've taken photos and taking measuremets in order to track my progress. I've never wanted something so bad. Doing it for me :)
18 Aug
Is there somewhere I can get the Insanity Workout free without having to buy it ? The 60 day challenge that it is.
18 Aug
Jess I'm not sure as I was happy to buy it. There may be workouts on YouTube but I'm not 100%. One thing I can tell you, is that it's worth the $. I brought it, told a friend, and now she's buying it.
18 Aug
Jessica to be honest I bought the program but have done some research and you can look up each individual day on YouTube and follow along just do a little experimenting to make sure you get the best version for you, preferably the ones that actually show Shaun T. But check it out , I wish I did first before buying it, it takes a little research but its pretty simple and saves money, good luck, just remember whenever you think its too hard for you or its insane! Remember, go insane for you!
18 Aug
Nothing can replace the real version, but there are definitely some good ones on YouTube and like in said you can look up each individual day, insanity workout day 1 fitness test for example, or day 2 and so on try putting Shaun T in the search bar as well to try n get the ones where it shows him but just remember, the only limits you have are the ones you put on yourself!
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 8:46am
via Android

Would love to do this challenge! How you finding it? 

18 Aug
http://www.beachbody.com/ purchase the DVD workouts. I've only just done 2 days and feeling amazing. Have here nothing but great stories and its definitely insane :)
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 3:19pm
via Android

Hey Ashley I just wanted to say that it takes a lot for someone to go through the insanity workout but the key is your doing it for yourself and you only get out of it what you put into it ! No it's not easy but changing your body so much in 60 days isn't easy, a lot of us have been trying our entire lives, so 60 days is nothing and after you get make it through the first 15 to 20 days it gets easier , because your body is getting use to pushing that hard, and you do get a break every week on day 7, but you always always always  have to keep your mind in it! Its all for you , you will see changes but you will feel them even more! I guarantee it!

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 21, 2013 1:50am
via iOS
Can't wait until my insanity pack comes in the mail Ashie :-)
Keen to go insane!!
21 Aug
Did day 3 today. Holy man am I sore ! Best feeling knowing you've done your exercise for the day ! Might go for a walk this afternoon. You keen to come? X
21 Aug
Can't today chic. I'm home from work :-(
21 Aug
Is everything okay? X
21 Aug
I will pm you
21 Aug
Okay lovely xx

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51