Baby Fitness

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 17, 2013 4:21pm

For the parents out there, how do you incoporate your child into your fitness routine? Other than walking with a stroller?

17 Aug
Make up games. Like a course. Play chase. Do 'simon says' incorporating jumping jacks,up &down,fast feet,etc.
17 Aug
If they are into coloring, reading,have them do what keeps them quiet. i have 3kids 2,4,&8..take them to a playground while u workout. Or a field...i have gotten rly creative over the years :D. These tips should help u:-)
Image_thumb
170 Posts
Aug 17, 2013 4:25pm
via iOS
I'm not a parent but this worked for me . My parents used to do it with me you should find a type of food they like or anything they like to do an tell them that if they finish a walk or a certain thing they can get it and with time they will start doing it without giving them anything .
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 4:57am
via Android

Depending on the age, when mine were babies i would physically use them as my weight. Doing squats with them in the car seat. As they grew,lifting them up over my head in repetition, doing piggy back squats and lunges. Doing crunches with them sitting on your stomach,or on your back doing push ups. Mine are 3&4 now, so i have them do mini workouts like mine. They use water bottles as their weights. Hope that helps

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 6:02am

When mine were that young, i hiked with them in a frame pack just for little ones. We would go an hour or more in the hills. They loved the ride and i trained with 20 even 30 pounds in the pack, and we did steep climbs. As they got older  we did family hikes and now family cycling. And yes they do modified kid workouts along with me when i use skimble!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51