I Am Never Going To Lose Weight!!!!

22 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
69 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 3:55am
via iOS
Okay so I am 17 years old and I weigh roughly 195 pounds currently and I just wanted to say that I've been going NO WHERE with my weight loss journey. I've joined a gym, bought workout DVDs, diet - NO RESULTS. I guess it's that I don't commit to it but how can I when there's NO results. I'm just sad and wanted to get this off my chest. School starts in a about 2 weeks and it's embarrassing seeing everyone look better than me. I don't have any "real" friends to talk to so I just really needed somewhere to just let it out - exasperated sigh. :(
18 Aug
Hey don't be so down on yourself! You sound like I did in high school and having that attitude makes it worse for you. Weight loss is not easy and does not happen over night! You need to commit and stick with it! Start small if you have too. You WILL eventually see and feel changes IF you commit! In the long run you'll be so much happier! If you mess up, start right back up! You CAN do this! Good luck!!!!!
18 Aug
Walking is the best and easiest way to start. You need to walk til you're feel something if you want the weight off. Just start out doing 30 minutes a day. Listen to music or walk with someone and the time will fly by. Keep your head up.
18 Aug
i had the same problem: NO RESULTS!!! but if u commit it does need a lot of time but i guarentee there will be results! the motto that has litterally inspired me more than anything or anyone and that i learned myself was: being healthy and fit feals 100 times better than food :) also Never give up on yourself! think about these words and u'll make it trust me i have a weight problem too ;)
18 Aug
Dude if I can lose 15pounds in 2months then anyone can.... U just have to believe in your self and kill the workout and think about y u started and how will u feel when u lose weight,how u would look..
Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 4:03am
via iOS
Hey don't lose hope you can get it try whit the military diet and cross-fit trainment and also go whit the doctor may be something whit your body it's not working ok.
But don't feal bad and love your self because the most important is not your body it's your personality ;)
Image_thumb
69 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 4:14am
via iOS
Thank you for your comment and suggestions but to be honest I lost hope a long time ago and I know EVERYONE says that "personality matters more" but that's not true, for me anyways. The only FEW friends that I thought I had all dumped me basically, and the fact is - I have no friends, I'm lonely and depressed, and that's probably how I'm going to be the rest of my life. It's so ironic how people say high school is the best four years of your life because it has been the worst for me. Watching everyone talk with one another while I sit alone. It's just
18 Aug
High school sucked for me too. I was the fat girl with the "great personality". The summer before grade 11 i starved myself and lost 30 lbs before school started again. The consequences to that were that when i tried to eat real food again,i couldn't. I was so ill. It took me over a year to recover from the drastic measures i took. My advice is,see a dr, make sure your thyroid is good,cuz that can really mess up your ability to lose weight. Set realistic goals for yourself. It's not going to happen overnight,cuz it didn't get there...
18 Aug
I understand people can be cruel and i'm fat and i'm at hig school to i feal alone but i'm trying to do it by miself because i want to do a lot of things before i die, so think about it about everything you wan't to do, your not alone as you think
18 Aug
Honestly dont worry about it. I had a good amount of friends in high school and honestly I dont think I needed any or at least most of them. I talk to very few now that I graduated. Just make friends with the teachers and just gey good grades. Ittl pay off(the grades). Also look into the ketto diet. It worked for my friend but it may not work for everyone and he did say he would get sick for after a week. But after that point he felt great.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 4:19am
via Android

Just keep going, even as we feel we are slipping back, always push forward! Keep your chin up!

Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 18, 2013 5:49am
via iOS
Hey,
I know people say high school is the best four years but for a lot of people it is not. You happen to be one of them and so was I. The feelings of discomfort in your own skin is totally normal at your age and believe me when I say you are not alone, NOT ALONE don't ever forget that. I know right now it may seem like you can't be happy but TRUST me you will find your happiness and you cannot lose your hope or else you will lose the best parts of yourself. My advice to you is to talk to your doctor about your weight loss issues in detail. He or she will have some helpful information for you. And as for the friends, a lot of people in high school can be hurtful and not realize others are just plain fake. Don't worry about them, and just do you. I hope that helps 
Image_thumb
157 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 8:10am
via Android

The first thing you have to do is change your mind/thinking/attitude. People will follow your example of how you feel you deserve to be treated, so start every day with positive affirmations of yourself. "I am strong, I am healthy, I am interesting, I am intelligent, I am funny,  etc." The Bible says our thoughts become our words, our words become our actions.  There enough power in our tongue to speak a universe in to existence,  but we can also use it to destroy. So stop telling yourself things like "never" and believe only the truth that God has said about you. Often times reality is a lie (the world we see,) but if we walk by faith and trust in God's word we will soon walk in the path that He has intended for us.
God bless and stay strong and positive!

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 8:44am
via Android

Try joining an exercise class such as metafit, its intense and is pretty horrible at first but you will definitely see a difference. Have you also tried having a slimfast for breakfast, eat fruit or healthy cereal bars for a snack. Have soup or something small with some fruit or a yogurt for lunch. Have what you want for dinner but obv within reason and have a smaller amount. Hope this helps :)

Image_thumb
202 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 11:08am
via Android

Michael.my man , first of all, introductions. My name is Duncan.
I had Andre years when I was late terms, when I was fat. Plain and simple, fat. Self cused by over eating when I moved out of home , bad diet, too much beer, no exercise, .....
Then , change. Took charge and changed. Fast forward some 3 1/4 decades and even better now. It is hard work, it does take dedication, you do have to commit, but You Can Do It.
You are beautiful, you have been created in God's image, you are whatever you tell yorsrlf you can be.
Take little steps first, as you have already been advised, walk some, thenore, bash out a jog now and then, start adding casual exercises a few times a week from here, then moderate ones, then intense. All gradually though. Meanwhile, eat clean. There's plenty of advice here on different forums about food, snacks; munchies, etc. If in doubt, follow some reliable dudes, eg, Mario P, Rappa, Anthony W, and ask them about stuff. Don't give up but. As a final bit of inspiration, my No. 1 son was in the same boat as you. He is now 3% bodyfat, tanked as, shows in body building comps and owns his own personal training business. He was truly inspired to change. You can be too. The old adage, mind over matt
er is so true. You must take charge of yourself and change. We,re here to help you mate. You can do this, you have got this. Do it, and God bless you.

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 2:01pm
via Android

A school friend of mine was really over weight, she started walking then moved up to running. Two summers later she was fit and drop dead gorgeous. She did it by committing to her goals and her health. True story... can't even remember her name today, but I remember her running everyday during our break. (Cuz yeah we were spoiled n lucky to get a 30min break after lunch everyday lol)

Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 2:08pm
via Android

Well, nobody said it was easy Try counting calories and doing cardio. It will take some time to see the results but it will be worth it And one more thing - would you be happy having friends who only care about your looks? Stay positive and good luck!

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 2:26pm
via iOS
Watch what you eat 1200 calorie minumum 1800 maximum 2,000 to maintain 3,000 to gain. Honestly my breakfat today was waffles and juice and yestarday i had popcorn and candy and the movie theater. My Fittnes Pal is an awesome app tat helped loose weight. 2lb max per week. Do not starve yourself. If you feel hungry eat it means your body is going into starvation mode and your body will use mucle as energy and store more fat. I made my own diet that worked that's what you should do. Just this summer I have lost 18 pounds on my diet. You've still got 2 weeks until school that's long enough to loose a good 4 lbs. by December 29th you could loose up to 36lbs. And that is a huge diffrence trust me. Exercise at least 3 times a week. This and digifit are two awesome apps I use. 
It is only hard if you make it hard. Remember it is a lifestyle choice. you will eat like a diet the rest of your life and maintaining weight after is the hardest part. Good luck!!!
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 3:20pm
via Android

High school is not the best four years who the heck says that?? maybe losers who were cool in high school and went nowhere. For me, every four years after high school have been better than the last. I was not happy at all in high school though.

If you want results it's not complicated. Diet and exercise. Don't drink anything except for lots of water, maybe black coffee. Liquid calories are the worst.

Start small. But you just gotta commit. Go on a walk everyday. Drag your ass out the door. It helps depression but not until you DO IT.

Image_thumb
81 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 6:56pm
via iOS
I wonder how much you have committed. Your not going to see crazy results in a week or two. You have to work hard. Don't do any stupid crazy diet you will just gain the weight back. Start eating smaller portions with better foods. Try and get all your food groups on your plate. And work out! Play basketball, ride your bike. And just make this a life style. I see too many people work out crazy hard for two weeks and wine bc they don't see results.  No one is hopeless to see results it takes time. If your not hurting it's not working.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 18, 2013 11:25pm
via iOS
Michael, the key to feeling good in this life is balance. As you begin to work on making your body stronger you must also work out your mind. One of your comments suggested life was always going to be hard for you and that makes you depressed. I don't have the ability to predict the future but it seems like you do. (So what are the winning lottery numbers for next week?) Of course I'm not being very serious but under the joke there is a truth that can help. The past is behind us, what is done is over and nothing changes that. The future is uncertain, no matter how you think life will turn out you will be wrong. So if there is no past and no future the only time you have is now. As we develop out awareness of the present we can begin to shape how we choose to live in it. Any time I hear of depression and such in high school aged people I always suggest they find someone to talk to professionally. It's like a personal trainer for the mind!
18 Aug
Also a quick note on dieting... Journal everything you eat in a day. There are lots of apps for that. If you do not hold yourself accountable you will not see any weight loss. Once you do that don't look at the day to day. Evaluate each week. If you are able I burn more calories than you consume each week you will lose weight. Also measure your body. You will drop inches before noticeable weight reductions are made. The web will tell you where to measure.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 11:32pm
via Android

Hang in there, mister! It takes a lot of time, commitment, sweat, tears and sometimes pain but, personally I wouldn't trade it for the world! It's a journey. It's a lifestyle.

Reaching out for support is one of the best things you can do when you feel stuck. Both on line and IRL. We're all in this together! Let's own our weight and shift those pounds! Best of luck!

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 11:37pm
via Android

P.s. sometimes when I need a kick in the pants I YouTube a show from the UK called Supersize vs. Superskinny. Lots of info and motivation in a lighter-hearted manner.

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 12:09am
via iOS
Dont give up
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 2:14am
via iOS
I'm sorry but not every "cool" kid in high school turns out to nothing. Everyone reality is the same. Some are smarter some are bigger. Some are a combination. Being cool has nothing to do with being fit. Fit is a lifestyle choice. Being "cool" is confidence. Just because you are larger than jocks on the football team doesn't mean you can't carry yourself with pride. Some people aren't built like a twig. And when that is the case you have to decide, is it meant to be? God has a plan for all of us, and he expects us to follow him.

By the way even if you are big, you probably have a good amount of muscle under it. You can be big and strong or a twig and strong. Both get ladies. 
Image_thumb
69 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 3:12am
via iOS
I just read everyone's comments and I'd like to first thank everyone for taking the time to reply to my "thread".

Secondly, as of tomorrow (it's currently nighttime), I am going to improve my "diet" and consider going to the gym again. The thing with me is that I honestly don't have the money to get a trainer so I mostly use the treadmill - could this be the reason I'm not losing enough calories? 
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 3:45am
via Android

Please diet and exercise really dangerous if not done right please try to talk to your parents if there done understand or maybe to stress with work to help. Talk to family doctor make sure there is no gland problems. Take some time do some research learn about diet s

Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 3:50am
via Android

As far as working out just stay busy basket ball bike rake the yard I was overweight right before high school started cutting lawns all that work loss 20 lbs in two months and bought a really cool bikecyle to ride to school kept the weight off

Image_thumb
202 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 4:12am
via Android

Mate, you dont need to go to a gym or have a trainer. That's what this app is for. There are thousands of workouts on here, all you got to.do is find them and do them. Start easy, go medium later then intensive later. Throw in a few days a week of walking, then walk/jog, , then jog/ walk, then run, and you're laughing. Meanwhile do the right diet. Cut out eating and drinking crap.  All the best mate.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51