Bad Self Image

11 posts | Original | Recent

Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 3:02pm
via Android

I'm thinking of going back to cutting...but now I just think about suicide...my body and self image is a huge thing for me and especially my eating...I just give up and I don't see hope in anything...I need help...

18 Aug
There's no quick solution to getting the body you want. It took me a while to drop 70lbs and its even harder to drop the last ten. Don't give up just keep putting on them running shoes, consciously eating less and make yourself happy. I think you look pretty cute so your doing a fine job already.
18 Aug
I was like that until the day I realized , that how ever bad I feel there's always someone suffering much more than me....try putting a smile on someone instead of tryin to smile yourself. ..the feeling u get after that is to be experienced first hand... no words exist !!
18 Aug
I am like that too thinking the same thing
18 Aug
Hello, dear. I can't imagine what you are feeling right now. But I agree with Jona F, sometimes it helps to focus on someone else's troubles to help deal with your own. Right now my sister is dealing with her own troubles, she lost her baby minutes after delivery. It has been two weeks of the most intense grief I have ever felt. I have been focusing on her tho. No matter how bad I feel, I know it's nothing compared to hers. I actually came to this forum to start getting in shape to workout with her. That is...
18 Aug
Hey, I believe that we are not strong enough to overcome the weight of the world and everything that it wants us to be. But there is someone who is stronger and bigger. Through this time and what you are going through, the Lord wants to help you and guide you. He calls you beautiful, worthy, and of purpose. The Lord has saved me from a lot and has given me the strength and the peace to overcome a lot of self-insecurities, loneliness, and depression. Just give it all up to Him. Even when you feel like He's not listening,...
Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 4:48pm
via Android

Thanks guys *sighs*

18 Aug
You have your whole life ahead of you. Things get better with time. There will always be tough times, but those times and how you push through them builds your character.
Image_thumb
347 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 4:56pm
via iOS
I gone through this so many times for other reasons,I really know what u r going through..The want of disseapear and ending everything..or trying to feel something through such ways..but suicide is not the solution..u must gather energy from ur friends or family..and carry on..we never know what the future is made up..so u can do it..u can carry on..dying is easy but living is where the challenge is..so find buddies,and carry on,u can do it..every person is unique,u must accept urself,dnt compare u with anyone..praying too helps,gather strength,and go on,gud luck
18 Aug
Thank you soo much...I'm going to trt...like I have moments...but then I'm okay...it's mixed emotions the whole time >_< bt thx :) Good to know someone who understands
Image_thumb
42 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 5:15pm
via iOS
This is critical and you should seek out professional help. 
Please dont get stuck in it and think its not a big deal... It is!
Your msg is a good sign - your ready too take a step towards a new and better life... Get well and try to remember that life is amazing and so are you!
18 Aug
Yea...I mean I'm sick of this so I want to change it...I actually am going to talk to someone tomorrow about this :P
18 Aug
Great Celine - just hold on! Remember that life is a rollercoaster (with its ups and downs) but in the end it should feel like an joyride ;)
19 Aug
I think that's a great idea Celine, please do it! People do care...look at the responses you got. Make that call please & and if u need an ear, I have two for you!
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 5:48pm

Ups and downs eh?

Matt S seems to have a lot of things right. Specially the solution. Looking inside yourself is the way to go. At least it was for me. I don’t know your story, and I won’t tell you mine, but I know the feeling of not having anyone to go to because your convinced no one really care. Having pushed all your friends away and never wanting to get up in the morning because you know your just going to drag everyone else down. Even through that has nothing to do with reality.

Long story short. When my family realized the extend of my unfortunate situation I went to this therapist. And here is what I got out of it. I came to realize that I where so focused on the outside world and the things I couldn’t change that I were unable or unwilling to see all the opportunities I had to have a positive impact on the world around me. Because I was so convinced that I would drag everyone down. It became reality. But even though I had realized this, changing it seemed like an impossible task. And at this point I had another advice. A great life lesson I can never forget. It is not about what everyone else thinks or do or want. It’s all about you and what you want.. So what do you want what is your definition of success?? Do you want money? Do you want to be strong and beautiful? Do you want to be confident, smart or do you just want to make a difference in other peoples life? All of these things might seem like impossible and far fixed dreams, and maybe they are, but what do I know? I’m only 20 years old and maybe these things are going to happen to me in the future… If I work for it so to say. But to me it doesn’t really matter if those things happens or not. As long I try I can make every day a success. And to do so I make sure that every sing day I do just one thing to accommodate one of my goals. Just one thing and my day have been a success. If I can just learn one new thing, just do one good thing for another person, if I can just do 10 pushups my day was a success. It doesn’t matter what happens tomorrow. Everything that matters is what happens today right now. A success doesn’t have to be large, it just have to be there, because every little success takes you one step closer to where you want to be. And soon these small victories are going to motivate you to get even more successes and soon you will do this you never through you could do. Failure doesn’t exist before you give up and say you failed. Remember that.

So I ask you what do you want? What do you want more then anything else? No matter how far fixed it is. Say it out loud and take just one small step to make it happen. Even if you cant se how it’s going to bring your to your goal. Just do something right now and you will realize life is much more rewarding then you think.

18 Aug
All I can say is hun you do need help . I have seen it wirh my daughter who is always angry . Cutting and other stuff is not the answer . You are an attractive lady who just needs to see it . Chin up :-)
18 Aug
That opened up my eyes a bit...thank you :) and the one thing I want...is to just be happy...happy within myself...I've always tried to help people...give them advice...make their day...but I never did that for myself...I haven't cut in a while..but I do think about it...but it seems silly...I realised that a while ago...>_< it doesn't fix anything...so I'm going to take everyone's advice :) Thanks everyone soo much, you all gave good advice :) thanks x
18 Aug
And what is it that makes you happy if I may ask? :)
18 Aug
Well...exercising, cooking/baking >_<, difference make in can someone a i good when>s off to varsity...we have more time together so yeah :)
18 Aug
So you care for your health, you look pretty cute AND you like to cook? Want to be my girlfriend? Hehe jokes aside it Sounds great. Then you just focus on improving in those areas. Even if you have a bad day or an off day where you didn’t do as good as you wanted to do and you will have those days. Just think of that doing your best in the situation you’re in. then you will ultimately improve in what you do. And if you focus on just being a little better then you where yesterday…. Yeah lets...
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 7:36pm
via iOS
My aunt had done the same thing. She spent her life cutting for dealing with her dysfunctional family. One day she cut her wrist so deep that she bled to death. She was a good person to know and i miss her to this day. 
Do take care. Just because things aren't working out the way you want doesn't mean a Higher Power isn't doing something about it. We make plans but ultimately we can't control things. I want a job, I want to earn money and I want to make sure I have insurance....life is pretty interesting as a college grad. All you can do is do your best :)
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 8:34pm
via iOS
I won't pretend to know what you're thinking or feeling or what your life is like because I simply do not know. I encourage you to talk to an adult you trust... maybe a school teacher or counselor or a spiritual leader. You are worth being alive and happy and they can help you with your journey towards that. I wish you the very best. Remember... you ARE beautiful.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 8:39pm
via iOS
Also, the national suicide hotline is tel:1-800-784-2433. Please call them whenever you're feeling suicidal. They want to help you.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 3:37am
via Android

Now's your chance to be a role model and have ppl learn fr
om your experiences ;)

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 4:01am
via Android

I feel your pain, I feel what you going through but what you said is so wrong in so many ways.  Think about it,  theres a lot of good people dying right now getting shot, killed, dying on birth, & etc that deserve to live. I'm not here to tell you what to do & I can't stop you, you make your own decisions. I just received a call from the Dominican Republic that one of my old friend got shot & killed,  he was a hard working kid who help everyone & your thinking of suicidal c'mon you should know better than the.  The only thing I could do is give you an advise & is your choice to either take it or not. Theres so many ppl in this world who don't have shoes,  food or even a place to sleep but guess what a lot of them are happy & a lot of them dont give up. Think twice before you do anything & your action may affect the ppl around you.  I won't lie I have thought of suicide as well but now I look back & say wow what I said was really stupid. I'm only 17 right now & I I'm very insecure till this day.  I'm not obese or skinny but I I'm chubby. My family they love going to the pool, beach, waterpark & Lake & everytime they invite me I make an excuse. Either tmm, next week, next month or even next year I will start working hard on the body I want.  Don't let no body tell you that you can't do anything, don't let no one put you down.  It don't matter if your fat or to skinny ppl don't have the rights to judge you. Every thing you do takes time a miracle is not going happen. Theres a lot of celebrities who are at the top right now cause they worked hard to get there. In this life you won't get everything you want you need to work hard for it.  There plenty of obese ppl who gotten to the weight they always wish to be on & why did it happen cause they never gave up. When ppl say shit Like this (excuse my language) it gets me sad & angry cause you shouldn't put your self down like this:( Itz crazy right,  why should I care if I don't even know you right?  I care because I know every one should deserve something better I care because I hate when ppl think of stuff like this don't self harm your self. I want you to look at your self in the mirror & tell your self YOU CAN DO IT!  giving up shouldn't be an option. You just gotta belive on your self :D

19 Aug
Thanks :) I think about the people that have nothing...and yeah...I went through this rough stage...I'm more out of it now...but yesterday I just had a moment and I had to vent it out...I don't think about suicide everyday...but yesterday my sister really hurt me by calling me anorexic etc. And saying that I must just go take my anti-depressants and stuff v_v but thank you :)
19 Aug
Don't let it get to you & your Welcome :)
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 4:25am
via Android

Cutting is a great way to improve self image. Remember to aim for (10-12*(current body weight in pounds)) and to aim for high protein to counter the muscle loss of cutting.

19 Aug
Think you misunderstand the thread my friend.. . . :O
19 Aug
Wow wow Brandon how can u say that that to someone u need help
19 Aug
Epic troll :D
19 Aug
>_< no. Just...no.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51