Lacking Motivation...

9 posts | Original | Recent
91 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 10:05am
via Android

So the first few weeks,I lost weight really fast.But now Im not really losing any more weight tho I work out and eat cleanAnd though Ive lost weight,no one has noticed but my parents and they tell me I dont need to lose any more weight.Im beginning to feel like my dream body is out of limit and Ill never get there

3 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 10:14am
via Android

Don't give upI was reading something the other day about how when people begin to notice that you've list wait and the general public is pretty low on the totem of people who notice.
This is the time when you have to start pushing yourself further than you ever haveDon't give up because anything that's truly worth having has to be something you're willing to fight for
I was 4 pounds away from my ideal weight 2 weeks ago and I stopped and I regained weight but I'm going to keep fighting and I hope you do too!

3 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 10:32am
via Android

Well it's normal to see obvious changes at the beggining then the results slow down as your body gets used to it... Buy a workout DVD, listen to music while working out, Don't do what you hate and set realistic goals. I once read that a good way to keep losing weight and change your body is: Take a pic of your upper body (only bras on for women and shirtless for men) and hold a sign that shows your email adress. Then email it to trusted but sadistic friends and tell them "if i don't send you a new pic that shows serious improvement in 12 weeks, post this photo on facebook or Pretty nice, right?

562 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 2:34pm
via iOS
I am sure parents mean well. Keep doing what your doing. Your not alone on this journey!
10 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 12:15am
via iOS
I had the same problem a few months back... Then I found the Spartan Race and it changed my life
2 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 1:16am
via Android

Try not to feel discouraged.  I spoke to my doctor about this once. He said everyone goes through periods when they stop losing.  That doesn't mean your body has stopped changing though.  You may be gaining muscle which cancels out the weight you've lost in body fat.  So just keep up the good work, it'll all be worth it in the long run!

20 Aug
The more results you SEE the more motivation you ll get ;)
2 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 5:29am
via Android

Going by weight loss is the wrong way to do it in my opinion. Your "weight" can fluctuate so easily,  you might think you're gaining pounds, but in reality, you may have just eaten etc. The only way to do it accurately is to weight yourself at exactly the same time everyday on the same scales (which may also be wrong!).
If I was you, go on waist size and body shape. That will be more easily noticable.
Like the Guinness advert says "good things come to those that wait" dont give up.

5 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 5:55am
via Android

Hi, this does happen to almost everyone who is sticking to a diet and weight loss planWhen I levelled for a couple of weeks I changed my diet plan to 6 SMALL meals a day with different healthy foods then what i had been eating. Also changed my excersise routines to some new ones and drank green chao tea 4 times a day. This worked for me and the weight started to come of again. Don't give up you can acheive what you want :)

118 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 7:18am
via Android

When you first start you mainly lose water weight. Losing fat is a longer process 3000 calories makes up 1 pound of fat.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51