Where is the burn?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
147 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 4:32pm
via iOS
So I have been lifting for alittle over a month now, when I started lifting I would be sore after every workout. Now, I notice there is barely any soreness or none at all after my workouts. I increase the weight 10 lbs every two weeks, if I am able to. I do 4-5 sets, 6-15 reps of max weight and pay close attention to my form until it becomes natural to me. I've heard the rumors go around that if your not sore after a workout, your not doing enough and you won't get the results. Is there truth behind this? If so, how do I get the workout and results I desire if I am already lifting all I can tolerate?
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 19, 2013 4:41pm
via Android

It's not true. The soreness goes away after a while - if you're using the same muscles over and over they get used to the exertion and don't complain anymore. Use muscle mass build-up as a technique to measure how well you're doing, and try switching up your workout once in a while to use different muscles.

20 Aug
Thank you for the advice. I do my best to switch up my workouts every 2 weeks along with the addition of weight. I try not to get stuck in a routine. I don't want my body to become accustomed to the same workout.
Icon_missing_thumb
111 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 4:49pm
via Android

I never got DOMS after working out. It would hit me 2 days later.

19 Aug
DOMS peak 36 hours after exercise
20 Aug
That is how it was for me at one point. When I first started lifting I was sore the very next day...then it happened 2 days after and now I barely feel anything. Some muscle groups I don't feel soreness at all for instance my biceps never get sore anymore.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 5:32pm
via Android

Are you going for strength our hypertrophy? If strength reps should only be 3-5 for 3-5 sets. If hypertrophy then reps are 6-10 for 3-5 sets.

20 Aug
I am going for hypertrophy. I will adjust my sets and reps. Thank you.
Image_thumb
170 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 11:02pm
via iOS
U are not going anywhere with ur body if you stay like this you have to increase the intensity of your workout put all your energy use it all and lower the rest periods to 30-60 sec between each set and try to increase volume add reps or sets do compounds excercises like deadlifts  and do free weights do not go to machine too much cause they work on one muscle group while free weights work on different muscle groups at once take a bench press as an example it works your arms and chest not like a chest press machine which works only your chest this way you burn more and get sore

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51