I have more muscle than fat, I want to slim down but how?

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 5:18am
via iOS
Ex track athlete here wanting to slim down, but most of my body (except my stomach) is solid. I really just want to lose my stomach but I am not sure where to start. :(
186380_589036063_8249726_n_thumb
19 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 7:58am
via Android

Non expert advice here but here's my thought:

Focus on breakfast and lunch and cut dinner down to a minimum. Consider a lower carb diet. Basic cardio is your work out of choice.

20 Aug
Cutting down dinner isnt very smart. It leads to midnight snacking. If your gonna cut down a meal its smarter to cut lunch.
20 Aug
My understanding is that dinner puts on the most pounds as your metabolism naturally slows down at night, so the energy converts to fat. I must admit that I've never had a midnight snacking issue, and if someone does, your advice might be quite warranted. For me, if I'm not eating with someone else I'll even skip dinner or limit it to extremely light things such as fruits or just the simplest, lightest meal possible. Much more out of laziness than dieting, I admit, but I feel quite good about it. The days when I commonly am eating a light...
20 Aug
My mother was a medical weight loss employee and she and i put together weight loss programs. N ive seen people loose alot on these programs. And to provent midnight snacking u cut things from lunch. And you exersize after dinner to burn off some of dinner. I really dont care if you dont trust my information but my mother and grandmother have dieted for yrs and know alot.
21 Aug
Totally agree with your point about midnight snacking, presuming that's an issue for whoever reads these posts, for me, and perhaps others, it's not, but for many I'm sure it is, and it's a great counter point. I also do a terrible job of exercising in the evening, I have to go for morning or mid-day. In any case, it's all good food for thought for the reader. Nothing beats a personalized plan from a professional or reading authoritative books on the subject.
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 8:42am
via iOS
Thank you so much! I was nervous about a reply, but your reply is very doable.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 10:14am
via iOS
Well I think u should do more yoga and stop the work outs 4 some time when your doing yoga you should still eat food that's good 4 you! So good luck!!!!!! Btw I don't really no but I said what I think will hopefully work!!!!!
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 10:21am
via iOS
I've always wanted to do yoga. I appreciate that, I have worked out and worked out and no results. I eat well as is, it's just this stubborn stomach. Thank you for replying. 
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 10:29am
via iOS
NP!!!!!! I love yoga!!!!!!!! You can do it last year I was 250 lbs now I'm 110 I'm trying to get to 90!!!!!! If I can do that I can do this
186380_589036063_8249726_n_thumb
19 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 10:30am

You know, one more thing I might add, I'm from California myself, but I've been living in Vietnam for a couple of years. I notice that when I'm over here I tend to loose weight quite a bit. I do a lot less exercise here than in California, so I think it's the eating style. 

Over here I tend to eat with everyone in a family style meal (typical of this part of the world). Everyone gets a very small bowl with rice, and the rest of the food is in the table center for everyone. This makes it really easy to only take what you feel like. 

I'm assuming from your name that you might be American, so I might also offer the suggestion, if it fits your lifestyle, of doing more family style meals where everything comes in small portions. Reduce the size of plates, force more trips to get 2nds, 3rds, etc. It seems to make it easier to slow down and eat less naturally.

I've never quite replicated this myself back in the US, but I definitely notice the difference when I'm over in Asia.  I think it's a difference in average portion sizes. 

It just popped into my head so I thought I'd share it.

20 Aug
Thank you! I am actually mixed, but am equally from Costa Rica as I am America. I understand where you are coming from with the portions. When I go back to CR I lose weight but when I'm on America my weight can sometimes triple. Great thinking outside the box, ill try to keep my portions in mind :).
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 10:32am
via iOS
WOW! You go! Thank you, you are definitely  an inspiration and motivator for me. Thank again!
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 10:37am
via iOS
Thank you both for your comments and experiences y'all rock and I hope to hear from you both if I ever have anything else to post.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 10:39am
via iOS
Lol it was hard but now it's not hard when ur working work or yoga and u think ur done do one more or some times end the yoga with a little work out!!!!!!!I'm 12 and all the boy still call me fat but 4 the. Times I want to stop and and go get some KFC. I think about all the pain of when I was fat and how hard it was to be this then I keep moveing like walking to school and some this on this app!!!!!!! So I hope I helped u
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Aug 21, 2013 1:12am
via iOS
One more thing to add I work night shift so 6pm-430a it's hard for me to exercise like I use to and I have to eat late at night to eat at all :(
21 Aug
As long as u dont eat 3 hrs before you sleep your ok
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 21, 2013 1:59am
via iOS
Current track athlete here and I feel your pain, I. Going through the same thing right now
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Aug 22, 2013 2:00pm
via iOS
Try using Saran Wrap on your stomach when you work out... Wrap it tightly to where it's comfortable for movement tho... So it focuses on your stomach to slim it down...   So it does great when you run.... Good luck :)
23 Aug

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51