Make my mom quit smoking?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Aug 22, 2013 12:20am
via iOS
How can I make my mom stop smoking ? I really want her to quit smoking . She's 40 and she's a heavy smoker. I tried to convince her but its still not working . I'd like some advice on that please :) thanks.
22 Aug
You can't make anyone do something they don't want to do. Not to mention if she's not going to do it for herself, the chances of her restarting are greater. May e suggest the E-cigs have less of the chemicals. But like I said if she's not ready, there's nothing you can do
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Aug 22, 2013 1:44pm
via iOS
Hi :) , I don't have an answer to your question  but I do have some encouragement . My grandmother is about 62 years old and she's been smoking since she was 14-15 years old. It has really taken a toll on her but she just quit smoking this month. We're all sooo proud of her! She was a very dedicated chain smoker and it was VERY hard for her but she did it. If my grandma can quit I know ur mom can :). Just keep requesting that its not good for her. its not gonna be easy but most things in life worth fighting for aren't gonna be a piece of cake :) I hope that helps :)
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Aug 22, 2013 1:50pm
via iOS
Thanks Lisa! Thanks Monica! I hope one day she quits.
22 Aug
Ur welcome!! glad to be of service :)
Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Aug 22, 2013 4:52pm
via Android

Both of my parents smoke so I know how you feel about it...my dad is worse than my mom though...my dad still smokes really strong cigerettes...but my mom moved to the more slim and not as strong cigerettes and that helped her a lot...she only smokes about 4 cigs a day...where as my dad smokes about 10+ . It's hard to convince or make someone to stop such a habit...but it's not impossible...a lot of people have quit smoking so if they can your mom can too :P Just try be there for her and try explain to her what it's doing to her health and her body in the nicest way possible. Different people do different things to stop them from smoking a lot of cigerettes etc.
1. Chew gum
2. Drink water
3. Switch to a lighter ciggerette
4. Keep yourself super busy so you don't think about smoking
5. Relax as much as possible so you don't stress...smokers turn to cigerettes of course when they're stressed...
Etc. Etc.
I wish you luck to help your mother stop :) I'm sure you two can do that together! It's going to take a while...and it won't be easy...but you can do it :)

22 Aug
Awesome! That really helped a lot . Thank you :)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 22, 2013 4:56pm
via iOS
She can try e-cigs as well, that's what a friend of mine is trying.
22 Aug
I told her about it , but she thinks it won't help.
23 Aug
Well think is a lot different than trying it. She should still give it a chance... The brand my friend is using is called Logic Platinum e-cigs.
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Aug 22, 2013 7:42pm
via iOS
May be she can start by cutting back?
23 Aug
I tried throwing some like 3 or 4 but she noticed haha.
23 Aug
Yeah moms are smart like that lol. Have you tried speaking with her how her health concerns you?
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 12:33am
via Android

Amazing book "the easy easy to stop smoking"

But it won't work unless the person kind of maybe wants to want to quit

23 Aug
I might buy her the book as a gift.
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 12:36am
via iOS
Thanks guys! 
Image_thumb
37 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 8:03pm
via Android

Show her a cadaver dissection of a smokerTry "The Doctors" website.

23 Aug
She won't sleep at night hahah.
23 Aug
I know. But still, having cancer will keep her up all night too!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51