Is it possible to like to be lonely?

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
69 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 7:53am
via iOS
I don't really have any "real friends" and I am just do used to being alone by myself that I feel strange when someone's next to me. So is it possible to like to be lonely? Is anyone else like that?
Icon_missing_thumb
55 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 8:01am
via iOS
Most certainly. I'd rather sit alone in silence than have to talk to someone :P
But that's just me.
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 8:42am
via iOS
Hello, I see that might be the way you think causing you to feel alone. Most of the time people are anxious, nervous, or whatever how they mindset is. 

I would highly recomment you to motivate your mind with some fresh positive idea like to start love and give yourself a easy goal to get back on the road of the success! 

Having no self estimate or self trust is something that can make you feel apart of us but your'e half way there because to share your fesr and get some great opinion is helpful too!!

Have success!!!  
Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 23, 2013 1:22pm
via iOS
Yes it is, but it is also dangerous, because someday you don't care anymore what's happening besides your own life.
23 Aug
I disagree. Many folks are loners and happily adjusted. A lot of us are engineers or other vocations that don't require as much interaction.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 3:38pm
via iOS
Michael, it's ok to like to be lonely, but just know that when you don't allow anyone in your life you are missing out on a great opportunity to have a friend and to be a friend to someone else who may need one like you in their life.
Image_thumb
168 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 4:42pm
via iOS
If it is your way to protect yourself? I mean you said you don't have any real friends, so maybe you actually feel a bit disapointed and would want to have real friends and that is why you tell yourself it is actually okay to be lonely, that you like it. It is your way to manage loneliness. 

Then again, what would I know right :) 

My daughters father has an asperger and he really needs time alone and it really is hard for him to care other people. So yeah there is other people like you also :) people are different, it's okay. 
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 8:14pm
via Android

I prefer being alone. My husband likes to go out, but I hate it, it makes me uncomfortable!!

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 8:41pm
via Android

If ur lonely I don't think ur a loner. U just need to learn to interact without being scared. Are u afraid to say the wrong thing? That u might be laughed at or picked on? I know just how u feel. Even today I find myself in that situation at times. But I manage. Honestly the thing that helped me the most was getting my first job where I had to talk to new people everyday. If ud like to work, get into retail or food service (but not as a cook) This only worked because I was good at my job and built confidence in myself. Love yourself! Forget what they think! Opening up is great, but doing it "on the line" is easy. Rejection ain't nothing but another part of life! Trust me that u are gonna have to learn to let it roll on off ur back, cus if u worry to much bout it, u ain't gonna get far.

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 9:37pm
via iOS
It takes me a while to warm to people, that's the one reason I disliked first days...new people and new teachers!! What discouraged me even more was seeing people in their own   groups so I felt like I didn't fit in. One thing that helped me is joining an organization. You meet like minded people. 

There's nothing wrong with being okay in your company. I think people meet long lasting friends that way where there's no one faking and you all feel comfortable with one another.

For some making friends is easy for others, it takes time. I tell you what when you do make friends it's gonna be worth waiting for :)
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 10:27pm
via Android

I would prefer to sit and talk with people but I sure don't mind sitting alone and gathering my thoughts without having to listen to anyone

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 10:33pm
via Android

Yes it is I like to be

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51