Over weight...

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 12:12pm
via Android

So I'm currently
teaching in Japan. For those of you who know about Japan, the people here are stick thin! And I am the complete opposite.

The kids constantly comment on my weight, which stresses me out and makes me eat more (yes, I know it's an excuse...) so I really need to do something about it but I have NO idea where to start... I've tried starving myself but that never lasts long...

I'm lost! Please HELP!

27 Aug
Starving yourself is definitely not the way to go. That's very unhealthy. Just start walking and then turn it into running. Anything will help you just have to keep up with it.
27 Aug
Ahhh I know :( especially since when I can't starve any longer the next thing I eat turns into fat and I gain more than where I started.... major fail! Yea, I've tried walking/jogging, but my motivation SUCKS! I have no idea how I have no motivation seeing that I can't afford not to be motivated. Thanks for the tips tho!
Image_thumb
226 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 12:33pm
via iOS
You should change your eating habits first. Replace bad carbs with good ones, like brown rice instead of white, steel cut oats instead of instant, brown rice noodles instead of regular wheat noodles, etc.. Also, start eating more vegetables and fruits. Fill your plate with vegetables. Avoid bad fats like hydrogenated soybean oils, peanut oil, corn oil, canola oil, and vegetable oil. Try to use cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil instead, and eat plenty of nuts and seeds. Contrary to popular belief, fat does not make you fat. Consume a lot of protein, like ground beef, chicken, turkey, non-GMO tofu, and fish. Hope this helps!

God bless! 
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 12:42pm
via Android

Thanks for all the options! I've been looking for coconut oil forever in Japan, and other health products, but it's definitely hard to find what I'm looking for here. Guess I'm going to have to researching for alternatives. Thank you!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51