I need to be active but i have no support

17 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 4:44pm
via Android

My boyfriend can lose weight no problem while i can gain it all day long...I want to be active but he's not being supportive...i need motivation ..... does anyone else have this issue? I just downloaded this app so I'm new to this...where should i start if I have pretty much worked in an office for the past 4 years and haven't been active in that amount of time ...anytime i have tried to get a workout going i always end up sore....i have no idea what I'm doing....help

28 Aug
That's one reason why I really like these apps and stuff. You have a bunch of people who are in the same boat as you and you guys can be each others motivation. I always try to remember that I am loosing weight for myself and so I can feel comfortable and feel sexy in my own skin.
28 Aug
Just don't think at all just workout you don't need someone pushing you and motivating you. You just need to motivate yourself and learn what you can do the next time. Your are an adult toy don't need your boyfriends help just don't think and workout.
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 4:52pm
via Android

I have the same problem... I ask my husband to help me out but it seems he only willing to help me fail... But got to find your own will power and motivation to get through ... Hope you get to your fitness goals...

28 Aug
It also doesn't help I'm clueless as to what to do to not hurt myself during my "workout" attempts.lol thank you
28 Aug
Im tryingn to get back on snaped too I used to be a training I wouldn't mine helping you out just let me know
860474_347482275371519_1227959612_o_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 5:07pm
via Android

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Is this enough now (,.')

28 Aug
No that didn't help but thanks... Where do i start? How do you being a workout?
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 5:10pm
via Android

Aww I totally understand where you are coming from. if you have the Nike running app add me as a friend and we can see each others progress and help each other stay motivated that's if you like to run. I am new here on workout trainer too so I am trying to get in the swing of things I'll add you as a friend

28 Aug
I don't have Nike shoes does that matter... I just got running shoes 3 months ago used them 2 times....:( I'm terrible
23 Mar
u can add me on nike+ here's my nike+ yauszesan86 that's my nike+ real name is Paul Yau i use my chinese name
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 5:17pm
via Android

Yeah I kno I am in your same boat i have been to busy raising three kids for seven years and now i am very un happy with the way i look cause i am only 25yrsold... And I barely started maybe two months ago and i think if you start off with the easier workouts doing them a couple times will kinda make you more confident taking on new and harder workouts... No Excuses, Work Hard, Get Results... Your not alone Im here if you need im not a pro by any means but always good to have some one in your corner...

28 Aug
Do you take vitamins? I don't know where to start on being healthy... I'm 26 and all i have done is drink for the past 5 years
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 5:39pm
via Android

Lol nope doesn't matter at all and you're not terrible, you realizing and wanting to change makes you better than most

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 5:42pm
via Android

I just recently got my groove back. I started off slow and worked my way up. No pain no gain! Make better food choices that help give more energy. Get your bf involved go for a walk together bike or skate. Streching will help with the soarness. Also try Arnica gel or peppermint oil for aches.

28 Aug
Thank you sooo stretching is something i forget to do... Thank you sooo very much
28 Aug
You are very welcome
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 5:43pm
via Android

It may sound silly but start by exercising for 10 minutes whenever you can fit it in  and  try to do this 3 x a day     OR exercise 15 minutes  2 x a day   Don't feel guilty if you can't set aside 45 minutes or more a day    The trick is to MOVE or STRETCH whenever you can  Aim for 20 minutes a day to start but each time just focus on the moves  If you do them properly you will immediately feel energized and hopefully more eager to do another short workout later.the same day    Don't worry about how long  you are working out     as long as for that short time you put yourself into it COMPLETELY     Remember that you are supposed to enjoy working out    

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 5:48pm
via Android

No i dont take vitamins, i am barely starting as well i just cut out sugar and am eating healthier..what is your goal as of right now... Like me im not trying to be a fitness fanatic i just want to lose 20lbs and gain more energy to keep up with my kiddos... And just doing some kind of exercise everyother day gives you tons of energy and helps you sleep better... Already some great benefits to getting fit...

28 Aug
My goal is to get down to a size 3 and to just tone up lose inches and some belly fat
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 6:15pm
via Android

Here's another suggestion   Instead of exercising your thumbs on the phone     get other parts of your body moving instead      I can't type while Im working out    Cmon girl     The first step is the hardest and it gets easier after that

28 Aug
I'm at work right now other wise i would get to it
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 6:28pm
via Android

Hey ! Recently I started working out and honestly I think its the best choice I've ever made ! So based on experience I think the first thing to do is to write down what u want to work on like having a flat stomach or nice legs etc... And also write down how many times u want to work out and how many min. U want to work out. I would also write down things u should and shouldn't eat becasing part of losing weight is eating healthy ! (I know this method seems cheesy and weird but it really helped me figure out what I needed  to do to lose weight and become fit.) And then act upon what you wrote and just remember u don't work for ityou don't get it !!! And also just ignore the negative people in ur life !

28 Aug
you can't win if you don't play mentality here
28 Aug
Exactly !!!! I think that's the first step to working out / eating healthy ! And honestly there are many short workouts u can do at ur work ! And there are many u can do without any equipment !
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 6:32pm
via Android

Sorry if that was harsh    From experience I will tell you that I may not get to the gym every day BUT I focus on ME  whenever I am there   I don't stop to chat for long  Im there for my well being   Don't mean to sound preachy but you do need to be in the zone to really benefit   SO make yourself a WICKED dance playlist and use it   You can start as soon as you want

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 6:36pm
via Android

Remember too     that you really don't need a gym OR machines to get great exercise    A stability ball is a great thing to use

28 Aug
not preachy at all i know this is for me and you actually brought up a good point so i looked up an office work out and just now completed it thanks
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 6:44pm
via Android

i think the best way to start is by cleansing your body! start eating healthier and never think about it as a diet --> it's a new lifestyle

then start by walking 30 min per day + some stretches so ur body can ease in to exercising

then u alone will feel motivated to upgrade your exersice routine and u'll be doing workouts in no time!

i think the best use for this app right now is the yoga workouts ===> an easy way to relax, burn some calories, without shoking your body with things it's not used to doing

personnaly i'm fat :) ^^ but exercising has changed my life and it will change yours too GOOD LUCK

28 Aug
Yes I had the same issue.my boyfriend left me 4 years ago because gained lots of weight I was always 105lbs until 4 Years ago due to personal relationship issues but decided that I can prove to my self that I can do it on my.own and don't need his support to do it.I was 258lbs and now I am 135lbs I have lost over 123lbs total and now I'm proud that I give myself some time.to do that.now he looks at me like omg can't believe she did it without me.but guess what I did and will always do...
Image_thumb
65 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 8:55pm
via Android

I FIGURE WE ALL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH OUR MEN. I JUST HAD ANOTHER BABY, 2M AGO... I HAD MY BABIES CLOSE TOGETHER. I HAVE NIPPON SUPPORT WHAT SO EVER. BUT I AM WILLING TO SUPPORT ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO SUPPORT ME TOO.

YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT!!!***

28 Aug
congrats on the baby and guys should really support their other half on anything this is ridiculous
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 9:05pm
via iOS
I would suggest starting with the quick workouts on here 5-7 mins. My first exercise completed on here was the 7min scientific workout. Then I wanted another one and another one. This app has endless possibilities. Depending on your time, fitness level, etc. go to the workouts and browse different sections. Full body, legs, arms, yoga, etc 

It doesn't matter where you start, just start 

:)
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 11:01pm

Hi, I have same issue. My boyfriend loves working out and expects I do the same. I think they try to be supportive but just don't know how. They lack encouragement skills. Do it for you and don't take it personally. This app is great and there always a kind stranger motivating, encouraging to go on.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51