Trying to gain more weight for bigger muscle mass.

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 4:04am
via Android

Hey I'm somewhat skinny and about 6'3" but I've been in the gym for 2 months and my muscles have gotten much bigger than before but now they are just getting really defined which is good but I would like to increase it's overall size.. Should I be on some sort carb diet?

30 Aug
If overall size is what you want, try using pyramid workouts or do more sets with less reps. So if you are benching and doing 3 sets of 10 for your workout, increase the weight to a realistic amount and try sets of 4-5 for 3-5 reps. I'm 6'4 and it was tough for me to put on weight until changing my workouts and increasing my protein intake. Hope this helps
30 Aug
Someone else told me that so I tried it for the first time today, I don't feel as sore or tired as I usually do though :/ Im taking protein powder in a lot of my drinks even my water, and also taking omega 3 and 6 fish oil supplements
30 Aug
I agree, you need to tailor your workouts to meet your goals. Keep the calorie surplus
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 5:31am
via Android

U have to make sure you r getting enough protein and sleep if u need alarm clock u need more . U need at least 1 gram of lean protein for the body weight u want in pounds limited your cardio til after u work out keep it to more than 1 hour. For me in one year to gain 15 lbs I ate5000 calories a day

30 Aug
Take this post with caution. The calorie quantity maybe individual, taking this amount may earn unwanted fat
30 Aug
Hmmmm I'll keep that in mind.. I'll try different things and see which one provides best results. Thanks for the feed back if you have other solutions as well do not hesitate to post them here.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51